Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
not bad but I'd wanna see it broken down better:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00

I like that breakdown.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the way college works it. They should just make the pro's like that. Dlineman in the 80s, one of the best players usually wear #1, RBs 1-49. LBs in the 30s, and best of all...kickers with 99.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00
That would be a great system IMO. Not quite a free for all but still some flexibility for players to keep a number from HS to the pros.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samie Parker wears No. 18
Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Almost all of the Saints WRs wear numbers in the teens now.

Marques Colston - 12
Devery Henderson - 19
Robert Meachem - 17
Terrance Copper - 18
Rhema McKnight - 15

(the only Wide Receivers on our roster that don't wear a number in the teens are Michael Lewis, David Patten, and Jamal Jones.)
Colston with 12 is def differnt

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it myself I'm glad D-Bo got #82.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00
I don't like the long snapper wearing 00, Matt Katula is awesome with the number 70 jersey.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Yes I do understand this.

4 WRs and 3 TEs is only 7 numbers. Even if a team kept 5 WRs and 3 TEs (which would be almost impossible) that is still only 8. They managed to keep WRs in the 80s prior 96 with Keyshawn
The Steelers carry 5 recievers and 3TEs almost every year. Last year we had Ward/Holmes/Washington/Wilson/Morey and Miller/Tuman/Davis.

QB's can wear from 1-19
RB's can wear 20-49

Why shoudl the recievers and TEs be limited to 10 numbers? There are always more recievers that QBs on a team.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it just the way they have it, I personally wouldn't like to see recievers/ runningbacks with single digit numbers, either.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00
The only thing I would change is the DL and LBs. They should both probably be 40-79, 90-99, or at least something so LBs could wear 90s and DL could wear 50s.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00
I like it, although there are a couple of things I would change. I'd let DB's have single digits, LB's be in the 30's and the 90's, and WR's in the 30's. I wouldn't mind TE's in the teens or single digits either, but that is fine.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I think players should be able to us a combo of numbers and greek letter. Sigma 2, Theta 3, etc.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB - 1-19
RB - 1-49
FB - 1-49
WR - 1-19, 80-89
TE - 40-49, 80-89
OL - 50-79
DL - 60-79, 90-99
LB - 40-59
DB - 10-49
K/P - 1-19
LS - 00
you cant give an LS 00, because many play defense/offense too

Maynard

and

Hutson

Also WR's shouldnt wear 89

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 05-25-2007 at 03:42 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why shouldn't they wear 89?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Why shouldn't they wear 89?
Because some people think that WR's should only wear "cool" numbers, and 89 is like, so yesterday.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Because some people think that WR's should only wear "cool" numbers, and 89 is like, so yesterday.
Tottally!
But i really dont know what I have against 89, it really does look ugly to me

Old 05-25-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some LBs are in the 90's, most of them are on 3-4's and play some end also, but Grant Irons played LB as well as Brayton for the Raiders and both sported 90's #s.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Tottally!

Moss looks pretty sick in 89. Not sure of any other players who wear it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-25-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Tottally!
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

uh.....

Musta been a brain fart
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mark Clayton does also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea, I didn't think really hard. :p Plus I've been playing a madden franchise with the Redskins so I remembered Moss.

Damn Ginn should wear 89. Maybe he'll turn out better. lol.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Moss and Steve SMith look good but...

I still hurt inside from that game

Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about retired numbers? And the fact that team have a lot more than 8 receivers in camp. It just didn't make since to have one position only have 10 while all the others have at least 19.
How many teams have more than one guy in the 80s with a number retired?

And I have no problem with teams using the teens when they run out of room in the 80s. However, Fitzgerald and Keyshawn could have easily gotten a # in the 80s.

Just irks me that the NFL lets some positions have more flexibility that others. The whole C allowed to wear #'s in the 50s is the same.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I don't like the long snapper wearing 00, Matt Katula is awesome with the number 70 jersey.
lol. I definately put that in just kidding... but yeah.. .falcons with teen jerseys at WR:
11 - Vincent Marshall
12 - Michael Jenkins
14 - Eric Weems
15 - Derrick Hamilton
16 - Dan Sheldon
17 - Eric Newman
18 - Jamin Elliott
19 - Laurent Robinson

only Robinson and Jenkins will probably make the team of these guys.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote