Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 5 draft picks 1993-2006

Saw this in the Cowboys thread, thought it was a good idea. #1 is pretty obvious, so you can list your top 5. Make sure they are from '96-'06.

1. Tom Brady, QB Michigan, Round 6, 2000
2. Troy Brown, WR Marshall, Round 8 1993
3. Tedy Bruschi, DE Ariz. St., Round 3, 1996
4. Richard Seymour, DT Georgia, Round 1, 2001
5. Curtis Martin, RB Pitt, Round 3, 1995
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No Ty Law?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Ty Law would fall in right behind the top 5. Brady, Brown, Seymour, Bruschi, and Martin were all great picks. Law probably be #6, with Ted Johnson, Lawyer Milloy, and Asante Samuel right there too.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

way toooooo early to put Samuel in our top 10 draft picks

i would replace Bruschi with Law honestly.

Milloy has to be top 7

how about best picks by round since '93?

Round 1: Law(its close with Willie and Seymour)
Round 2: Milloy (beats out Ted Johnson in my book aswell as Kevin Faulk, honorable mention)
Round 3: Bruschi (beats out Curtis)
Round 4: Samuel easily
Round 5: Koppen
Round 6: Brady..duh
Round 7: Givens i guess
Round 8: Brown

Last edited by remix 6 : 05-26-2007 at 06:58 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

It is early, but Asante had 10 picks and a trip to the pro-bowl as a 3rd year vet who was a fourth rounder. That is pretty impressive for up to this point.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
It is early, but Asante had 10 picks and a trip to the pro-bowl as a 3rd year vet who was a fourth rounder. That is pretty impressive for up to this point.
he didnt go to pro bowl though..
Old 05-26-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

He was chosen as an alternate, I think that can be considered the pro-bowl.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He was chosen as an alternate, I think that can be considered the pro-bowl.
i never heard anything offical on that. after Mathis got hurt..there were some reprots saying he was next but i never heard more..then Asamougha was gonna go but couldnt get a flight

not questioning you but i wanna see a link and see why he didnt go

Last edited by remix 6 : 05-27-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Search Asante Samuel on google and look at the third link, the wikipedia one. It says he was selected as a pro bowl alternate right on the text under the link. Some other links say he was snubbed though, you may be right.

Regardless, for a fourth round pick Asante has been a tremendous value up to this point and is one of our top picks in recent memory.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Search Asante Samuel on google and look at the third link, the wikipedia one. It says he was selected as a pro bowl alternate right on the text under the link. Some other links say he was snubbed though, you may be right.

Regardless, for a fourth round pick Asante has been a tremendous value up to this point and is one of our top picks in recent memory.
i agree ASante in 4th round was a great pick but considering he had 1 good year..he was even our #2 CB to start with this year till Hobbs had the injury.

Up until the first Miami game i think ASante was the right CB..also in camp

He was the best 4th round we have since '93 but a top 5 draft pick with guys like Bruschi, Johnson, Law, Milloy, Seymour, Wilfork, McGinest, Brady, Branch(i would consider Branch more valauble than Samuel considering with what he has contributed but another good year and SAmuel is ahead of Branch)
Old 05-28-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I'm not sure I blame him for not going. If I were in his shoes I wouldnt risk a injury in a contract year either. The probowl may be an honor but it doesnt gaurentee you any kind of big contract. I'm kind of a hard ass when it comes to professional's weather it be athletes or any other professionals risking thier job security and some time lives when finacial security is on the table. Recently I worked for a major company who had 5 guys out due to motor cross three of them had serious to life threatening injuries. You wonder at times is it worth risking a job that pays you very good money to play a probowl game or a motor cross event? As a parent I wonder how do you justify risking this injury in order to compete in such activities when you know if I get injured who is going to take care of myfamily?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote