Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.
Default Which Pac-10 Running Back?

Which recent top Pac-10 running back would you want now?

Reggie Bush (rnd 1, #2 overall)
Maurice Drew (rnd 2, #60)
Steven Jackson (rnd 1, #24)
Marshawn Lynch (rnd 1, #12)

And why?

For me its Steven Jackson, with Marshawn coming in second... Jackson is already a great all around back (over 1500 yrds rushing and 90 total catches.) But I just have a good feeling about how Marshawns running style in the NFL.

Drew, actually comes in third for me I don't think I have ever seen anyone his size run so hard, it's just plain freakish. If he had Jackson or Drews size this wouldn't even be a contest. Although Bush definitely proved any doubters wrong, I just don't see him ever being the type of complete inside-outside back that Jackson is or Lynch can be.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'd have to say Jackson, Drew, Bush, Lynch in that order if I'm looking for a primary ballcarrier. That could change drastically over the next couple of seasons though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Steven Jackson
2. Maurice Jones-Drew
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Reggie Bush

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Which recent top Pac-10 running back would you want now?

Reggie Bush (rnd 1, #2 overall)
Maurice Drew (rnd 2, #60)
Steven Jackson (rnd 1, #24)
Marshawn Lynch (rnd 1, #12)

And why?

For me its Steven Jackson, with Marshawn coming in second... Jackson is already a great all around back (over 1500 yrds rushing and 90 total catches.) But I just have a good feeling about how Marshawns running style in the NFL.

Drew, actually comes in third for me I don't think I have ever seen anyone his size run so hard, it's just plain freakish. If he had Jackson or Drews size this wouldn't even be a contest. Although Bush definitely proved any doubters wrong, I just don't see him ever being the type of complete inside-outside back that Jackson is or Lynch can be.

Get the hell out of here. You would actually take Reggie Bush last of the 4? That's a joke.

1. Steven Jackson (Inside, outside, catch the ball, whatever you want #2 RB in the NFL right now)
2. Reggie Bush (Needs to work on the inside running, but he can catch the ball very well both as RB and a slot receiver, great outside runner, unreal agility, and is a big reason why guys like Colston and McAllister had great years last year, returns punts/kicks)
3a. Drew (Very powerful runner for a little guy, better than Bush inside, but not quite as explosive)
3b. Lynch (Very versatile back. I like him a lot)

All four of these guys are or can be GREAT running backs. I really love their versatility as they're all very capable receivers.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.Reggie Bush
2.Steven Jackson
3.Marshawn Lynch
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

people look to much at MJD's height.If you meet him personally you'll see hes built like a tank.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still want Reggie Bush, he's an absolute freak. I still think with a year or two more to get used to the NFL he will be the best in the league. He has the ability to do everything you need a RB to do in the NFL and to do it well. He is also the fastest man on the field for most of his games.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'll say Marshawn and Jackson will be the best running backs of this group.While Bush will be the best weapon.MJD is great but I dont see him in the same category as the other three.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Steven Jackson
2. Maurice Jones-Drew
3. Reggie Bush
4. Marshawn Lynch

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
1. Steven Jackson
2. Maurice Jones-Drew
3. Reggie Bush
4. Marshawn Lynch
quoted for truth

putting jackson in here isnt fair though, come on now.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Steven Jackson: Very tough runner. Has great hands. Lacks top end speed, but top end speed is overrated.

2. Reggie Bush: I like his versitality ALOT. He is a perfect weapon, that can create so many mismatches. He is terrible in running up the middle, but otherwise he creates a mismatch easily. If he can adapt to the NFL soon, he is going to be great.

3. MJD: Very close with Bush. He is basically what Bush is, except with power, and less speed, quickness, and versitality. Though he is worse than Bush in those areas, he is up there with the best in those categories. Very deceptive quick and powerful. If only Keak were here during his late season surge.

4. Marshawn Lynch: I really like him as a player. I felt like he was underrated going into the draft...he is a great runner with speed and power and has natural hands. Bills will have a very good player for a very long time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
quoted for truth

putting jackson in here isnt fair though, come on now.
From a statistical perspective no, jackson blows everyone out of the water. But as far as skill sets and capabilities I think all of the backs (speculation for Lynch) are on a very close level.

Everyone one of them is a great weapon no matter how you slice it, I don't think Jackson is that far ahead of any of those pros. But he does bruise you and wear you down which is the kind of smash mouth football I like to see.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. mjd
2. jackson
3. lynch
4. bush

bush is useless as a rb, so he automatically gets last place...if you would have been asking about slot receivers, it would be a different story...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Useless after one season? Tough crowd.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
1. mjd
2. jackson
3. lynch
4. bush

bush is useless as a rb, so he automatically gets last place...if you would have been asking about slot receivers, it would be a different story...
So if he lined up at runningback and split out and caught 80-90 passes, he is still useless?

Those receptions came from him being a mismatch on LBs or S in the passing game. Whether you like it or not, catching passes is also something a RB does.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am more into the game changing player:

1) Bush, look at how he changed the NO offense.
2) Jackson, by a hair over Maurice, due to the size thang.
3) Jones, What a steal for J-Ville. I love his game.
4) Lynch, I'd put just about any rookie at the bottom, as they haven't done anything in the league yet.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Jackson- Its not really fair because he has had a few years to show what he can do, but i like his size, running style and catching ability. He has handled being a #1 and has shown the ability to block ect.

2) Maurice Drew- I've liked this guy since I since i saw him in high school. Love to that he is low to the ground and difficult to take down. Skilled at pass catching. Not as agile as Bush but i prefer a guy like Drew who can break tackles and can stick his head down. Hasnt been a #1 yet so will have to work on some of the finer points, but overall i really enjoy his play.

3)Bush- Very fast, very versatile. He will make people miss. He got placed in a great situation in NO paired w/ Deuce where he can come in and contribute his talents but not be in a high pressure position. Makes great mismatches in the passing game as well as a contributer on trick plays. Even when he doesnt get the ball you can see the effect of his presence on the defense. I think he could do better between the tackles but he did show improvement and i believe he will continue to get better. The only real reason he is below Drew is because i prefer backs who break tackles. Is a #1 but fits his role perfectly for now.

4) Lynch- He hasnt played an NFL down so he has no business being on this list, just like you couldnt put Calvin Johnson on a wr list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reggie Bush no question, whether or not he ever become a complete inside outside runner hes gonna go down in history as one of the best playmakers to ever play this game.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD
His height is his greatest assett IMO
I would much rather have a short RB than a tall one
I really dont see how being tall helps RB's. I think it kinda hurts em
1-MJD
2-Bush/Jackson

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Mo Drew, but the obvious answer is Reggie Bush. However he's not an every down back, and he's more like a WR than a RB really, but carrying the ball he's still great. Of true RBs I like Drew and Jackson the best.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

basing it on now:

1. Bush
2. Jackson
3. Lynch

if you asked me this question before seeing any of them in the NFL it would have been:

1. Bush
2. Lynch
3. Jackson
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. Steven Jackson
2. Maurice Jones-Drew
3. Reggie Bush
4. Marshawn Lynch
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Steven Jackson - Only proven player on the list
2. Maurice Jones Drew - Contender for RotY last year
3. Reggie Bush
4. Marshawn Lynch - Hasn't played a game yet...

I don't see how MJD wouldn't be top 2 in this list.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Steven Jackson - Most proven and is just nasty
2. MJD - Shifty and very versatile
3. Bush - Speed and makes people miss
4. Lynch - Will be a good RB but under these guys

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
basing it on now:

1. Bush
2. Jackson
3. Lynch

if you asked me this question before seeing any of them in the NFL it would have been:

1. Bush
2. Lynch
3. Jackson
And how did u leave out MJD, Lynch hasnt eve played a game

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote