Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
this thread is sooooooooo overdone
i agree with that list
i dont. i think Samuel should be 5 at the very best.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no homer...but whats everyones take on bly? playing all the #2 wrs? going against number 2 wide outs should be lock down with champ playing all the #1's
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bly is a top 5 corner in the league for sure.

Top 5 out of #2 corners that it is.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bly is not a top 5 corner, he's probably top 30, but that's about it.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
i dont. i think Samuel should be 5 at the very best.
um... ok... 4 and 5, big diff

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
um... ok... 4 and 5, big diff
when u consider the 2 players at 5 are a lot better..and i said at best

id rank samuel at 7-8
Old 05-26-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Champ Bailey
Rashean Mathis
Chris McAlister
Asante Samuel
Nate Clements (homer?)

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey- head and shoulders above the rest, he does it all

2. Al Harris- He and Bailey are THE two shutdown corners in the league. He's not flashy like Bailey and doesn't create as many turn overs (which is why he gets no love) ask Roy Williams, "The best corner, in my opinion, is Al Harris from Green Bay.He's not going to get you those picks. But that's a shut-down corner. He's going to pressure you all game, he doesn't want no help up top, he's going to pressure you all game, he wants that No. 1 guy every week. It's a tough task getting by him because he's so long, he's so lanky, and so strong. You don't never hear nothing about him because he don't have the picks like these other guys because he don't play zone. He plays man-to-man, and you won't catch any balls against him."

3. Antoine Winfeild- Such a solid complete player. Any coach would love a player like him on their team.

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Still hasn't reached his peak but he's a great all around corner

5/6/7. Rashean Mathis- Just plain good

5/6/7. Nate Clements- Also just plain good

5/6/7. Ken Lucas- Again, just plain good

up and comers that will be up there soon; Terrance Newman, Chris Gamble, Duanta Robinson, Marcus Trufant

Last edited by senormysterioso : 05-27-2007 at 12:42 AM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey - The only shut down cornerback in the league
2. Rashean Mathis - Physical and strong at the point of attack, very good in both man and zone, sometimes can be outmuscled by more physical receivers, but thats more the exception than the rule.
3. Ken Lucas - Locks down one side of the field and loves to support the run, can at times struggle to fend off a block and at times plays too far off giving his man a bit too much cushion. In man to man, and tackling a ball carrier there's none better in the league at his position though the others in the top five would be equal.
4. Terrance Newman - I used to have a dislike for Newman, he had stiff hips for a corner and often wasn't sharp enough coming out of his breaks when covering a receiver man to man, this last season he seemed more fluid and seemed to try a lot harder to cover some one, he seemed, hungrier, if he keeps up that intensity he gets the vote.
5. Al Harris - Tenacious and aggressive but also very smart in the way he plays. Not necessarily a shut down guy because he struggles against the faster more elusive receivers like Steve Smith and Santana moss, but very, very, very good.

Honorable Mentions

Nnamdi Asomugha Very good young corner but not yet in the same class as the guys above him. He's playing in front of pass rush that ranked first in the league and with a good supporting cast of safeties and cornerbacks around him. very good player, but hasn't been playing great defense for a number of years, just one year.

DeAngelo Hall, wants to be the best player at his position and clearly thinks he is, but isn't. He needs to work on keeping his aggression in check as this has been his downfall in the past. Excellent measurable and a true student of the game. Needs more mental toughness and not to act like a punk on the field imo.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
DeAngelo Hall, wants to be the best player at his position and clearly thinks he is, but isn't. He needs to work on keeping his aggression in check as this has been his downfall in the past. Excellent measurable and a true student of the game. Needs more mental toughness and not to act like a punk on the field imo.
Yeah. You would think that a guy who wants to be the best so much would not lose it so much on the field. Oh well. The guy is like 23/24. I dont blame him. Lets see him mature.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

i hate how people are saying: ask Roy Williams! he got shut down

CJ had 3 catches 37 yards against Colts..tell me Harper and David are 1 of the best

Al Harris got beat by Reche Caldwell. 3 catches 70 yards 1 TD

what about Roy's first game vs Lions? 7 catches 138 yards 1 TD...ask al Harris
Old 05-27-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1)Champ Bailey
2)Chris McAlister
3)Rashean Mathis
4)Asante Samuel
5)Terance Newman
6)Nnamdi Asomugha
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. DeAngelo Hall
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Rasheen Mathis
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This discussion=no fun without TNewFan

He actually IMed me begging for me to say that Newman deserved to be in the Pro Bowl over Ronde. That kid is legendary.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In this thread, DeAngelo Hall has been mentioned about 50 times, but Pacman Jones has been mentioned only once.

Pacman takes a lot of flak for his off-field antics, and deservedly so.....the guy's an idiot.

But on the field, he shuts people down. After struggling in the season opener, I don't remember him allowing a single completion of more than 15 yards in 2006....and even those were few and far between.

Most teams didn't throw at him at all. Those that did paid dearly.

It's a shame that his talent is so badly overshadowed by his behavior, because he's truly one of the most amazing players in the league.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

He actually IMed me begging for me to say that Newman deserved to be in the Pro Bowl over Ronde. That kid is legendary.
ROFL. Wow.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wink

Quote:
Bly is not a top 5 corner, he's probably top 30, but that's about it.
Obviously, should've read the rest of the post.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
reese

i agree about pac man he is one of the few corners that can run man 2 man with most wrs and he is very young...in a couple years if he can stay in the league i think he will be top 5....he also has no problem comin up to support the run
Old 05-27-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
1)Champ Bailey
2)Chris McAlister
3)Rashean Mathis
4)Asante Samuel
5)Terance Newman
6)Nnamdi Asomugha
I agree almost completely with this list. I'd tack Clements on to the bottom of it and I like all of them as a top 7. He's great but obviously his inconsistency can leave him off a top tier. I always liked Winfield, too. He's up there, top 10 for me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

Although it may be fun for you guys to make fun of him every now and then, it almost drives you to suicide to read his posts in the cowboys forum. I finally made a bet with him and forced him to leave.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey
2. Asante Samual
3. Terrence Newman
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Chris McAlister

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McAlister
3. Terrance Newman
4. Rashean Mathis
5. Dunta Robinson

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McAlister
3. Terrance Newman
4. Rashean Mathis
5. Dunta Robinson
Dunta's good but nowhere near top 5. He is top 15 maybe, but certainly not top 5.

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. Nate Clements
4. Rashean Mathis
5. Nnamdi Asomugha
6. Terence Newman
7. Asante Samuel
8. Deangelo Hall
9. Lito Sheppard
10. Pacman (since he's out for this season I'll put Al Harris here).

Soon to be in here, Tye Hill and Darrelle Revis.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 05-27-2007 at 06:27 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Dunta's good but nowhere near top 5. He is top 15 maybe, but certainly not top 5.

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. Nate Clements
4. Rashean Mathis
5. Nnamdi Asomugha
6. Terence Newman
7. Asante Samuel
8. Deangelo Hall
9. Lito Sheppard
10. Pacman (since he's out for this season I'll put Al Harris here).

Soon to be in here, Tye Hill and Darrelle Revis.
You're missing Ken Lucas who's easily top 5.

that guy gets no respect just because he was injured last year.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're missing Ken Lucas who's easily top 5.

that guy gets no respect just because he was injured last year.
I was actually debating between him and Al Harris for spot 10. When healthy he's a great CB I wouldn't put him top 5, but top 10 easily. I put players who had broken out last season and who I believe going into this season are the top 10. If Lucas plays like he did before last season, he will be in my list again.