Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default USC fans info on Smith

I started this on our messageboard. Here is what USC fans thought of Steve Smith.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/345509.aspx

Our MB

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=15#S=15&F=1720&T=526041

USC MB

Hope this helps guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Shock. This is nice. I have high hopes for this kid. I think he can be better than we anticipated. Its unrealistic for me however to expect big things from him as a rookie. Usually receivers struggle their rookie year. Hopefully he's an exception :)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thanks Shock. This is nice. I have high hopes for this kid. I think he can be better than we anticipated. Its unrealistic for me however to expect big things from him as a rookie. Usually receivers struggle their rookie year. Hopefully he's an exception :)
Yeah but then again what are avg expectations in terms of performance for a rookie? Also, what would be considered above avg?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno quite honestly. Its difficult to define with raw stats. As long as he shows me promise of being Toomer's eventual replacement, I'll be satisfied with his rookie year.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, is he expected to be a future #2, and sinorice a future #3? both seem like they could play slot, just wondering what were the expectations on both since they were drafted pretty high the last 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
so, is he expected to be a future #2, and sinorice a future #3? both seem like they could play slot, just wondering what were the expectations on both since they were drafted pretty high the last 2 years
We expect more from Moss, and I know I am intrigued with Smith. Alot depends on Toomer and what he can do coming back from injury. If he isn't effective, when he comes back, then perhaps Plax, Smith, Moss could be the 3. But right now, we have to count Toomer as the 2 assuming he comes back 100%.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I started this on our messageboard. Here is what USC fans thought of Steve Smith.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/345509.aspx

Our MB

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=15#S=15&F=1720&T=526041

USC MB

Hope this helps guys.

I`m not a USC fan but I tried to watch as many of their games as I could. I love Dwayne Jarrett (I thought he was the second best wideout this year) but Smith was very very underrated. As many of these guys have said he`s not afraid to go over the middle, he makes clutch catches, and he`s a very good blocker, especially for his size. As an Eagles fan I`m very disappointed the Giants got him because I think he will turn out to be a very nice complement to Plaxico. Smith, to me, is a very smooth wideout and seems to run effortlessly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I`m not a USC fan but I tried to watch as many of their games as I could. I love Dwayne Jarrett (I thought he was the second best wideout this year) but Smith was very very underrated. As many of these guys have said he`s not afraid to go over the middle, he makes clutch catches, and he`s a very good blocker, especially for his size. As an Eagles fan I`m very disappointed the Giants got him because I think he will turn out to be a very nice complement to Plaxico. Smith, to me, is a very smooth wideout and seems to run effortlessly.
Yeah those vidoes were fun to watch but the thing that popped out was the amount of seperation he would get. At times he would just shake the CB off him and he'd be wide open. I feel bad that he would have to wait for a second or two for the ball to come because Matt L. put some much loft on the ball that Smith would have to wait for it to land. But I def. did like what I saw in some of those videos.