Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Next Batch of Coaches

Well, while we are in the lull between the draft and TC/Fantasy Football, I thought this would be an interesting topic.

This year we will be seeing the following as rookie HCs:

Lane Kiffin
Bobby Petrino
Ken Whisenhunt
Mike Tomlin
Cam Cameron

With that being said, who do you guys see as being the future HCs in the NFL? Keep in mind, use rookie HCs.

Obviously we know that Jason Garrett will eventually be a HC for Dallas (or at least we think). Both Ryan brothers are also in contention for a HC job (Carolina? Cleveland?) as well as Jim Caldwell.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post

Obviously we know that Jason Garrett will eventually be a HC for Dallas (or at least we think). Both Ryan brothers are also in contention for a HC job (Carolina? Cleveland?) as well as Jim Caldwell.
John Fox just signed an extension and we all love him in Carolina, so there's no pressure on him to do well.

He took a team that was 1-15 then had them in the superbowl in his second year, then got us back to the NFCCG a year after massive amounts of injuries.

He's a great HC and Carolina isn't getting rid of him.

Don't just throw team names out there.

That said, I think in a few years Jeff Davidson will get a lot of consideration.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Gary Gibbs can make the Saints defense one of the best in the league, he deserves a head coaching job (and a HOF induction).
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ummmm Mike Singletary anyone?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Ummmm Mike Singletary anyone?
Apparently he's said time and time again he just wants to coach linebackers. Which sucks. BUT, its a lock now that Patrick Willis is gonna kick serious ass.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was suprised when Gary Gibbs didn't get any interviews this year so he's my number one choice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my list, it hasn't changed much since I last posted it:

Brian Schottenheimer, Jets OC
Rex Ryan, Ravens DC
Rob Ryan, Raiders DC
Mike Trgovac, Panthers DC
Jim Caldwell, Colts QB Coach
Russ Grimm, Cardinals O-line Coach (in a few years he won't be in contention)
Pete Carroll, USC HC (as long as he continues his success his name will keep being rumored for NFL HC vacancies)
Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC (due to success of former Belichick personnel, this man will probably be considered in a few years.)
Ron Rivera, Chargers LB Coach (his name has been rumored repeatedly these past few years. I feel it's only a matter of time some team takes a gamble on him.)
Jason Garrett, Cowboys OC
Jim Bates, Broncos DC (in a few years he won't be considered due to his age. His time might already be up due to age.)
Gary Gibbs, Saints DC (interviewed this year for a few positions. Will not likely be considered until he shows he can have continued success as a DC)
Bob Babich, Bears DC
Mike Singletary, 49ers LB coach
Norm Chow, Titans OC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 05-26-2007 at 07:42 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Rivera should be a head coach in the NFL very soon...

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I'm actually surprised Trgovac hasn't had more interest.

In 02, 03, 05 and 06 the team's had a top5/10 defense. He's been at the helm for three of those years and done pretty well.

He's not that popular in carolina because they like to blame him when an offense converts a third down against us, but whatever. He's not even been interviewed I don't think.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm actually surprised Trgovac hasn't had more interest.

In 02, 03, 05 and 06 the team's had a top5/10 defense. He's been at the helm for three of those years and done pretty well.

He's not that popular in carolina because they like to blame him when an offense converts a third down against us, but whatever. He's not even been interviewed I don't think.
I've noticed his success and have been surprised as well. He usually has very good defenses and is a good play caller. Some team will catch on and notice his success unless Carolina is keeping him around in case they want to make a coaching change in the next few years.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-26-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Ron Rivera should be a head coach in the NFL very soon...
I was just about to say that. He'll take Turners job in San Diego.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer
I hope to hell Daboll can replace him well.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I was just about to say that. He'll take Turners job in San Diego.
I doubt Turner lasts 3 years in SD. Rivera should be a good match in SD with their personnel.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-26-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I've noticed his success and have been surprised as well. He usually has very good defenses and is a good play caller. Some team will catch on and notice his success unless Carolina is keeping him around in case they want to make a coaching change in the next few years.
John Fox is here for another 5 at least if he serves out his contract.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To continue the homer theme, although it's weird to be a homer about it since it would mean he would leave, but...

Mike Smith has done a very good job here, and it makes me wonder if he gets any consideration in the future. There's always the idea that it's more Del Rio than him, but he's still accomplished and with a good resume.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt Turner lasts 3 years in SD. Rivera should be a good match in SD with their personnel.
That's why I said "take" his job. I doubt Turner lasts 2 years personally, and Rivera would be a damn good head coach.

Edit: Btw I don't think Babich is going anywhere anytime soon to be honest. I think he's the Bears' DC for a loonng time.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That's why I said "take" his job. I doubt Turner lasts 2 years personally, and Rivera would be a damn good head coach.

Edit: Btw I don't think Babich is going anywhere anytime soon to be honest. I think he's the Bears' DC for a loonng time.
The reason I put Babich's name down is because he deserves a look at being a head coach, it doesn't mean that he'll become one any time soon. Hell, I think Jim Bates would make a great HC but I doubt he becomes one.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I was suprised when Gary Gibbs didn't get any interviews this year so he's my number one choice
I believe he interviewed for the Chargers, and Cowboys jobs this off-season.

In his first year as D-Coordinator he managed to bring the Saints Defense up surprisingly to 11th in total Defense, (although it seemed lower) and managed to lower the Points per Game allowed to 20.1 PPG, from 24.9 PPG the previous year.

I'm interested to see how he does this season, the players are coming into their 2nd year in the system. Hopefully he'll be able to lower the amount of big plays allowed.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
The reason I put Babich's name down is because he deserves a look at being a head coach, it doesn't mean that he'll become one any time soon. Hell, I think Jim Bates would make a great HC but I doubt he becomes one.
Oh no problem, but just saying that it's doubtful he becomes one. I can see why people would say that about him though, he's going to be a helluva DC for us.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Don't just throw team names out there.

That said, I think in a few years Jeff Davidson will get a lot of consideration.
I agree on Davidson. . . .

I wasn't just throwing "team names out there", I was unaware that Fox was given an extension.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if he decides too, Jerry Rice could make a great WR, not OC or HC though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think the two ridiculously young O-coaches in the AFC East should see alot of offers in the future.

IMO, Brian Schottenheimer could be the best offensive coordinator in the league in a couple of years, but I'm not sure he won't leave to be a HC before then.

McDaniels will be considered because of BB, but he'll be in NE for a while. He's very young and needs significant experience.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Here's my list, it hasn't changed much since I last posted it:

Brian Schottenheimer, Jets OC
Rex Ryan, Ravens DC
Rob Ryan, Raiders DC
Mike Trgovac, Panthers DC
Jim Caldwell, Colts QB Coach
Russ Grimm, Cardinals O-line Coach (in a few years he won't be in contention)
Pete Carroll, USC HC (as long as he continues his success his name will keep being rumored for NFL HC vacancies)
Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC (due to success of former Belichick personnel, this man will probably be considered in a few years.)
Ron Rivera, Chargers LB Coach (his name has been rumored repeatedly these past few years. I feel it's only a matter of time some team takes a gamble on him.)
Jason Garrett, Cowboys OC
Jim Bates, Broncos DC (in a few years he won't be considered due to his age. His time might already be up due to age.)
Gary Gibbs, Saints DC (interviewed this year for a few positions. Will not likely be considered until he shows he can have continued success as a DC)
Bob Babich, Bears DC
Mike Singletary, 49ers LB coach
Norm Chow, Titans OC
lolololololol Josh McDaniels! he blows..trust me. as a Patriot fan..i had to suffer with his terrible playcalling. he lets dillon run outside..forces maroney inside..no playaction.

from Patriots u might see: Pepper Johnson (DL coach..ex player. hes a beast) or Dean Peas..its a common trend for our D Cord to do very well and go onto HC.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good idea for a topic.

I think next year Ryan from Baltimore, Schottenheimer, and Jeff Fisher will get hired as replacements somewhere. Fisher's contract runs out and until something happens it doesn't look like Tennessee is gonna extend it.