Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-25-2006, 02:17 AM    (permalink
FutureScout
Veteran

FutureScout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who is the better freshman RB?

There are three great RB's this year that are making people excited about the potential of all three. They all have a different style of game, but based on what you have seen who do you think is the best? Im very tired right and and very happy about the game today from A&M whooping tu so excuse my poor thoughts on the 3 great RB's.

Michael Goodson, RB, Texas A&M:
777 yrds rushing, 6.9 ypc, 4 tds (keep in mind that A&M uses J-Train who has 19 tds rushing) , 100 yrds receiving

Easily the best all around back in the country as a freshman. Could be the next Reggie Bush. Has to share time with 2nd leading scorer for TD's, Jorvorskie Lane. Has blazing speed, and has a nose for big plays at any given moment.

CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson:
759 yrds rushing, 6.7 ypc, 8 tds, 193 yrds receiving

My pick of best PURE RB in the country as a Freshman. Endless potential. Has to share time with James Davis who of course is one of the best in college, but still makes up for the carries he gets. Is an excellent runner and has good burst of speed.

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State:
567 yrds rushing, 5.6 ypc, 7 tds, 16 yrds receiving

Great young power back who has potential to be one of the greats. Shares time with Antonio Pittman. Is under the radar because of the soon to be Heisman winner Troy Smith and the speedster Teddy Ginn Jr. Shows great movement with his feet for such a big RB. When all is said and done, Wells could easily be a man among the two other's listed.
FutureScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:23 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller can FLY

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:35 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I like Wells.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:42 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beanie will be the best out of those 3.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the answer you're looking for is Reggie McNeal.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

^

I'd go with Spiller
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:51 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State:

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:51 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

emmanuel moody.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 AM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

isnt PJ Hill a freshman?
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michael Goodson, no A&M bias either... I still think he is awsome though. Actual choice would be Chris Wells though. He should go to the NFL in the draft, he is ready.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a pro prospect it's easy Spiller.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns
isnt PJ Hill a freshman?
Im with you.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Quote:
isnt PJ Hill a freshman?
Im with you.
That was my thought.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
danman253

Hill is a RS Frosh and is the Best Freshamn. The Best true freshman is Chris Wells.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Quote:
isnt PJ Hill a freshman?
Im with you.
That was my thought.
If he counts then it has to be him. 1533 yards and 15 TDs basically doubles each of them. If it's true Freshmen I like Spiller.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is another one of those threads where you try and say, hey look at the player in my team that is better than the other guys, when in fact he is the worst of the group. It's Spiller right now, and then Wells.

And Goodson may be splitting time with Lane but Spiller splits time with James Davis who is better than Lane, and he has Meriweather.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, it's Spiller.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-25-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PJ Hill is the best freshman running back. No doubt. But if it is true running back, I will say spiller.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Goodson, but I like Spiller too, and C.J.'s a lot better than him. Over the long haul though, once he starts to glue the ball to his hands, I'll take Mr. Wells.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Spiller wins it for this year, but when wells is starting next year, he'll easily be the best.

When you average 5.6 yards per carry as a 3rd down back who runs 90% of the time when the other team knows about it, you have some talent. Just needs to stop fumbling.

Spiller will be great too, not sure how much power he'll ever be able to run with however.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

You don't need to run people over when they can't catch you.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-25-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The best Freshman rb is Keiland Williams.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
The best Freshman rb is Keiland Williams.
I don't know about that, but he is definitely underappreciated.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Tate: 369 yards rushing and 3 TDs in about 3 full games, 7.4 yards per carry. Thats as the third string runningback in the SEC, if he was top 2 like Wells or Spiller theres no question in my mind he'd blow up. He had 200 yards less than Wells who played a role in pretty much every Ohio State game.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
weezer1195
Rookie

weezer1195 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

spiller deff takes it this year. I dont really think alot of the weaknesses being brought up for spiller or wells is that big of a deal. People forget just how young these guys are. Lets say they dont come out early they still have 3 more years to mature, put on weight, get stronger, refine technique, etc. Nobody remembers how much reggie bush weighed freshman year or how many times cadillac fumbled. These two are head and shoulders above the other true frosh.
weezer1195 is offline   Reply With Quote