Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-25-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
FutureScout
Veteran

FutureScout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gah, Spiller was on fire today. He's got my vote.
FutureScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureScout
yah to bad clemson still lossed.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To all those who voted Spiller, watch Wells for a change. I think Wells might win the heisman in 2008 if all works out well
Old 11-25-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
To all those who voted Spiller, watch Wells for a change. I think Wells might win the heisman in 2008 if all works out well
That makes no sense. What would people see this year that would make Wells better than Spiller? Did Wells do this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ATUpTLhzet0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9LBNA6kQWXA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xcIrLwzg9-c

Does Wells have over 1100 yards? Average over 6.7 ypc? Have 12 TDs? Have 6 100 yard games? No he doesn't. There is nothing that Wells has done on the field that would prove he is better than Spiller.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
Yeah, too bad you can't spell.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
Lossing is good for your eeth.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:35 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally like spiller a lot because of his great speed but i think that wells will be the best and is currently the best
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
You're not a homer :roll:
Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

Right now, I'd say C.J. Spiller. He has made a bundle of head-turning plays for Clemson this year.

Next year, I'd go with Chris Wells. The kid has galactic potential and I think Tressel will be going back to a run-oriented offense. I wish Big Ten defenses luck during the remaining two years of Wells' tenure in Columbus...they're going to need it.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

May I suggest that Javaris James from Da U should be up there as well. Edge's little cousin has been running great all year long since he was getting some starts. Despite having an idiot for a coach.

But I think Spiller is the best so far for them all.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Emmanuel Moody and CJ Gable pretty close behind

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
'backer

Chris Wells against the nations #1 run defense:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C9SIoMJINro
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Wells will be beastly, but C.J. Spiller looks like he's the best right now. His speed is unreal.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:42 PM    (permalink
suposed2bsweated
Rookie

suposed2bsweated hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Spiller is good no doubt, but he doesnt seem to have great feet like alot of running backs. ie reggie bush.

He takes alot of wasted steps when cutting, makes basic cuts/sidesteps and just uses speed.. in the nfl those extra steps will be stopped in their tracks.

On the + side his balance seems to be great and speed topnotch
suposed2bsweated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
FutureScout
Veteran

Congrats, Wells did that against the #1 ranked defense.
Goodson did this against the #1 ranked RUSH defense in the nation.

http://agclips.com/images/football/2...as/texas03.wmv
http://agclips.com/images/football/2...as/texas02.wmv

He had 15 carries for 86 yards. He also had a 5.7 ypc and one TD.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Congrats, Wells did that against the #1 ranked defense.
Goodson did this against the #1 ranked RUSH defense in the nation.

http://agclips.com/images/football/2...as/texas03.wmv
http://agclips.com/images/football/2...as/texas02.wmv

He had 15 carries for 86 yards. He also had a 5.7 ypc and one TD.
Michigans run d>Texas' run d
Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
FutureScout
Veteran

not before the game. Texas had an average of 42 yards rushing a game if im right. It is like 41 or 43 yrds rushing a game. AD had 100 something on 30 something carries. Give me Texas rush D.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
May I suggest that Javaris James from Da U should be up there as well. Edge's little cousin has been running great all year long since he was getting some starts. Despite having an idiot for a coach.

But I think Spiller is the best so far for them all.
I don't believe I didn't mention him. He is definately a baller. Not great speed or power, but a nice blend of both and good quickness and balance and good vision for a RB. I remember saying before the FSU game this kid was going to be a stud, looks like I am right.

Spiller is still better though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I don't see how anyone can say anyone other than Spiller right now.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-27-2006, 10:26 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
emmanuel moody.

No :?

Emanuel Moody isnt better than C.J. Gable.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
not before the game. Texas had an average of 42 yards rushing a game if im right. It is like 41 or 43 yrds rushing a game. AD had 100 something on 30 something carries. Give me Texas rush D.
No one runs on then because they can pass for 500 yards... No one runs on Michigan because they can't...

Petterson had 109 yards on 22 carries also.

NOT TO MENTION MICHIGAN IS #1 STILL....

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....def&si te=org
Old 11-27-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You don't need to run people over when they can't catch you.
Actually, you do need to run over some people some times. When there is no space to "run away" from people, it's generally a better idea to run through them than away from them.

Regardless, this runningback class is amazing.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I don't see how anyone can say anyone other than Spiller right now.
Spiller really impressed me with his speed id change my vote but i cant.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cj gable was pretty beastly in the USC vs. ND game
Old 11-27-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
The Fact you live in texas would have no relevance to that though... AD ran for 100 on them on 20 carries, not 30. Wells and Pittman break off two big runs which benefitted alot to their numbers. So no, I take michigans in a heartbeat.