Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is the best receiver?

Just curious what everyones opinion on this is... It is the one position I never see people agree on.

For me, it is Marvin Harrison with TO close behind (when he isn't dropping everything in sight.)

As for Marvin, he is just too consistent for me not to have him as my #1.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

when he isnt dropping everything in sight? Gimme any fast/strong WR who isnt dropping anything..and it makes him a good WR. CAtching is part of game.

1. Tory Holt
2. Steve Smith
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Boldin
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steve Smith is the best WR currently in the NFL. If he was 3 inches taller it would be unanimous.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remix, when TO is on, hes unstoppable... He broke his finger last year, and he was doing amazing the year he hurt his ankle for the Eagles.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Remix, when TO is on, hes unstoppable... He broke his finger last year, and he was doing amazing the year he hurt his ankle for the Eagles.
yes but thats going back. its like saying..Randy Moss is the best when hes actually trying and when hes happy.

im a big TO fan..i think hes a tremendous WR but the statement: when hes not dropping everything hes the best..it jsut doesnt work. If Troy Williamson was catching everything..he wouldnt be a bust
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steve Smith is just unstoppable. With a better QB, and a solid #2 WR (maybe Jarrett will be that guy), this would be unanimous IMO.

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 05-28-2007 at 12:47 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Marvin Harrison
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt
Deion Branch
Anquan Boldin

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Marvin Harrison
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt
Deion Branch
Anquan Boldin
get Deion Branch out of there. are u kidding. He dropped a lot of balls last year and has never gone over 1000 yards

Lee Evans imo is top 5..most underrated..puts up great stats AND per KC Joyner..he led league in almost every metric
Old 05-28-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Receiver imo has to be Marvin Harrison right now. Not only he has great hands and will always get you yards. He is a great Team player and thats why he is #1. Then I'd take Steve Smith.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Best Receiver imo has to be Marvin Harrison right now. Not only he has great hands and will always get you yards. He is a great Team player and thats why he is #1. Then I'd take Steve Smith.
besides in playoffs..he doesnt show. 4 games last year..didnt get over 60 yards and 0 TDs in playoffs
Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

smith
johnson
holt
owens
harrison
Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith followed by Chad Johnson. Chad wasn't consistent enough last season for me to put him at #1.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NOBLE
Rookie

NOBLE hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
HM: Torry Holt
Old 05-28-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if u go best all around reciever

(blockin, team player, intangables sp)

then it has to be hines ward

or q

those two are probably the most physical recievers in the game today
and are really team players
and play the game right
Old 05-28-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
if u go best all around reciever

(blockin, team player, intangables sp)

then it has to be hines ward

or q

those two are probably the most physical recievers in the game today
and are really team players
and play the game right
i've seen more physical WRs than Wards..he blocks but in terms of being physical..Boldin and Owens come to mind
Old 05-28-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tory Holt
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ocho
steve smith
tory holt
randy moss, i personally cant have a top 5 list without him hes just too scary.
marvin harrison

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Marvin Harrison (he may be old but IMO he is still the best)

2. Steve Smith (I think Harrison is the best but not by much, Smith is for real)

3. Chad Johnson (Talks a lot of trash but can always back it up)

4. Torry Holt (Has been a top 5 WR for what seems to be forever)

5. Lee Evans (really fun to watch, true #1 WR and he's only going to get better)
Old 05-28-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Torry Holt and TO when he is on.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Tory Holt... hands down
Old 05-28-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Then it would have to be 2) Charles Johnson 3) Larry Fitz 4) Steve Smith and 5) Marvin Harrison.

After these guys it would have to be, in no particular order:
TO, Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin and Reggie Wayne.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Top 50(Including TE's)

1 Steve Smith
2 Chad Johnson
3 Torry Holt
4 Marvin Harrison
5 Larry Fitzgerald
6 Anquan Boldin
7 TO
8 Reggie Wayne
9 Randy Moss
10 Roy Williams
11 Donald Driver
12 Andre Johnson
13 Santana Moss
14 Lee Evans
15 Hines Ward
16 Lavarneus Coles
17 Javon Walker
18 Marques Colston
19 Calvin Johnson
20 TJ Houshmanzadez
21 Braylon Edwards
22 Isaac Bruce
23 Antonio Gates
24 Plaxico Buress
25 Donte Stallworth
26 Mike Furrey
27 Deon Branch
28 Terry Glenn
29 Darrell Jackson
30 Tony Gonzalez
31 Mark Clayton
32 Joey Galloway
33 Mushin Muhammad
34 Todd Heap
35 Antonio Bryant
36 Kellen Winslow
37 Reggie Brown
38 Chris Chambers
39 Reche Caldwell
40 Jerrico Cotchrey
41 Bernard Berrien
42 Chris Cooley
43 Jeremy Shockey
44 Vernon Davis
45 Drew Bennett
46 Derrick Mason
47 Santonio Holmes
48 Eddie Kennison
49 Greg Jennings
50 Keyshawn Johnson

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
My Top 50(Including TE's)

1 Steve Smith
2 Chad Johnson
3 Torry Holt
4 Marvin Harrison
5 Larry Fitzgerald
6 Anquan Boldin
7 TO
8 Reggie Wayne
9 Randy Moss
10 Roy Williams
11 Donald Driver
12 Andre Johnson
13 Santana Moss
14 Lee Evans
15 Hines Ward
16 Lavarneus Coles
17 Javon Walker
18 Marques Colston
19 Calvin Johnson
20 TJ Houshmanzadez
21 Braylon Edwards
22 Isaac Bruce
23 Antonio Gates
24 Plaxico Buress
25 Donte Stallworth
26 Mike Furrey
27 Deon Branch
28 Terry Glenn
29 Darrell Jackson
30 Tony Gonzalez
31 Mark Clayton
32 Joey Galloway
33 Mushin Muhammad
34 Todd Heap
35 Antonio Bryant
36 Kellen Winslow
37 Reggie Brown
38 Chris Chambers
39 Reche Caldwell
40 Jerrico Cotchrey
41 Bernard Berrien
42 Chris Cooley
43 Jeremy Shockey
44 Vernon Davis
45 Drew Bennett
46 Derrick Mason
47 Santonio Holmes
48 Eddie Kennison
49 Greg Jennings
50 Keyshawn Johnson

hm i think aj (andre johnson) is better than driver

santonio is better than berrian, cooley, cotchery (homerism i know)

and winslow should be way higher

and theres no way cooley is better than shokey
Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
reese

chad johnson
Old 05-28-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
hm i think aj (andre johnson) is better than driver

santonio is better than berrian, cooley, cotchery (homerism i know)

and winslow should be way higher

and theres no way cooley is better than shokey
I just realized I forgot Dallas Clark, its rough for now

Cooley and Shockey are around the same IMO

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote