Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I vote Chad Johnson. He isnt as dominant as some other receivers in this league like Steve Smith, TO and even Randy Moss can be at times, but he is in his prime and his consistency is incredible.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
I vote Chad Johnson. He isnt as dominant as some other receivers in this league like Steve Smith, TO and even Randy Moss can be at times, but he is in his prime and his consistency is incredible.
His consistency is what killed him last year, he seemed to completely dissapear in the big games the Bengals were in. If you look at previous years though you are able to see that he is very capable of being consistent. I think he's #2 and #1 being Steve Smith right now.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith right now.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Steve Smith and Torry Holt as my tied for number one.
Number two is clearly marvin harrison.

1 Steve Smith and Torry Holt
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Chad Johnson
4. Terrell Owens
5. Larry Fitzgerald

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Steve Smith is the best WR currently in the NFL. If he was 3 inches taller it would be unanimous.
There's also no way Steve Smith cuts the way he does three inches taller. For me its Big Game Torry Holt.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
His consistency is what killed him last year, he seemed to completely dissapear in the big games the Bengals were in. If you look at previous years though you are able to see that he is very capable of being consistent. I think he's #2 and #1 being Steve Smith right now.
I think he meant in terms of yearly production which is true.

But yeah, from a week to week basis he was too inconsistant last year, partially to blame was our OL and Carson starting slow but still in many games he just didn't produce.

I'll go

1. Steve Smith
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Chad Johnson
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1 Steve Smith
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Anquan Boldin
4. Terrell Owens
5. Patrick Crayton
Old 05-28-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Marvin Harrison
2) Steve Smith
3) Torry Holt
4) Larry Fitzgerald
5) Chad Johnson (although he had kind of an off year last season)
6) Anquan Boldin
7) TO (I hate him but he backs it up on the field)
8) Reggie Wayne
9) Hines Ward (I'm going to get ripped for that but I don't care)
10) Roy Williams/Andre Johnson (just went with pure talent and ability here)

*Randy Moss needs to prove to me that he'll come to play every week before I put him in my top 10

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Steve Smith
2. Torry Holt
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Chad Johnson
5. TO (drops way too many balls to be in Top 3 IMO)
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchu83 View Post
1. Steve Smith
2. Torry Holt
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Chad Johnson
5. TO (drops way too many balls to be in Top 3 IMO)

I could make a joke about dropping balls and your mom.....But I'm going to be nice.... ;)
Old 05-28-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO is by far the most dangerous and my number 1. He is just so dominant and physical that he'd be my 1st choice. As long as he's head is screwed on right I'd take him 100 times outta 100

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
TO is by far the most dangerous and my number 1. He is just so dominant and physical that he's be my 1st choice. As long as he's head is screwed on right I'd take him 100 times outta 100
And he's by far the most likely to blow a wide open catch. Sorry, I want my star WR's to hang on to the ball with regularity, hence why he's down on my list.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith equals Numero Uno

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

all these other receivers have amazing QBs (Chad, Marvy, Holt) i'm going with Steve Smith.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin for me, with Holt, Harrison, and Smith up there, too. Those 4 and then 85 rounding out the top 5.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
TO is by far the most dangerous and my number 1. He is just so dominant and physical that he'd be my 1st choice. As long as he's head is screwed on right I'd take him 100 times outta 100
its close when Randy has his head screwed on right..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TO's antics have made him overrated, because of all the attention he gets and making it easy to say "he's a great receiver, but..."

TO is not in the top ten.

"I'm in the top ten, Unseen."

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
1) Marvin Harrison
2) Steve Smith
3) Torry Holt
4) Larry Fitzgerald
5) Chad Johnson (although he had kind of an off year last season)
6) Anquan Boldin
7) TO (I hate him but he backs it up on the field)
8) Reggie Wayne
9) Hines Ward (I'm going to get ripped for that but I don't care)
10) Roy Williams/Andre Johnson (just went with pure talent and ability here)

*Randy Moss needs to prove to me that he'll come to play every week before I put him in my top 10
Out of all the lists I agree the most with this one. Except Andre Johnson should be above Ward by just a nudge.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hands:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Randy Moss
4. Torry Holt
5. Chad Johnson

Speed:
1. Steve Smith
2. Randy Moss
3. Santana Moss
4. Laverneous Coles
5. Andre Johnson

Route Running:
1. Marvin Harrison
2. Torry Holt
3. Anquan Boldin
4. Javon Walker
5. Reggie Wayne

Run After Catch:
1. Terrell Owens
2. Anquan Boldin
3. Randy Moss
4. Steve Smith
5. Santana Moss

Overall:
1. Steve Smith
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Torry Holt
4. Chad Johnson
5. Andre Johnson
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Randy Moss
8. Terrell Owens
9. Roy Williams
10. Javon Walker
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Marvin Harrison with Holt a very close second. I haven't seen work ethic like Holt's since Jerry Rice.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

eh for speed i would have Evans in there .. Cole is still fast..not as fast as he was before a toe injury imo.

and run after catch..its close in top 2 but i give it to Boldin. Hes harder to take down than TO
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Hands:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Randy Moss
4. Torry Holt
5. Chad Johnson

Speed:
1. Steve Smith
2. Randy Moss
3. Santana Moss
4. Laverneous Coles
5. Andre Johnson
I'd take Harrisons hand's anyday. The man catches balls like 3 yards out of bounds one handed. I'd also take Santana's speed over Randy Moss. Moss maybe be fast for his size, but Santana and Coles are quicker and have better agility.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Steve Smith followed by Chad Johnson. Chad wasn't consistent enough last season for me to put him at #1.
FTW.

The rest of my list would probaly be

3. Harrison
4. Ownes
5. Fitzgerald
Old 05-28-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
yes but thats going back. its like saying..Randy Moss is the best when hes actually trying and when hes happy.

im a big TO fan..i think hes a tremendous WR but the statement: when hes not dropping everything hes the best..it jsut doesnt work. If Troy Williamson was catching everything..he wouldnt be a bust
Theres a difference, TO is a proven star, Williamson isn't...

I'll be shocked if TO drops half as many passes as he did last year again.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
reese

does anyone remember the best hands challenge at the pro bowl a couple years ago that chad johnson won? he caught every ball and that drill made every other WR/TE look terrible.....hines ward, marvin harrison, and tony gonzolas looked really bad in it....im not tryin to down any of those guys i was just wonderin if anyone else was as impressed with chad johnson as i was when i seen that