Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.
I like how he takes a shot at me when he knows nothing about me, what a jerk.

BF51, I have seen at least 5 Browns games this year thanks to NFL cable packages. I have seen them against Pitt, Atlanta, San Diego, Oakland, and last weeks game

Edwards ego is nothing compared to the one of TO, Moss, or CJ. Quit acting like he is a cancer to the team.

Also if Braylon is not the leader, who is? At least he is making an effort. Its sad when a second year player is the only one who is trying o rev up the team. Just sad.

Also what does a pink suit have to do with the draft.

Also that talking crap thing. Wasn't that against the Steelers? Where he had 7 receptions for about 137 yards? Yeah, bad day at the office (assuming it was that game).
Old 11-27-2006, 09:49 AM    (permalink
danman253

Also here is an article on Braylon. Does not seem like a Ego maniac to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
And he told Steelrs they were coming for them. The team, not just him, and they almost won.

The only time Braylon really has f'd up is when he called out ken lucas, who then held him to 3 catches for 30 yards
Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

BF51, I have seen at least 5 Browns games this year thanks to NFL cable packages. I have seen them against Pitt, Atlanta, San Diego, Oakland, and last weeks game

Edwards ego is nothing compared to the one of TO, Moss, or CJ. Quit acting like he is a cancer to the team.

Also if Braylon is not the leader, who is? At least he is making an effort. Its sad when a second year player is the only one who is trying o rev up the team. Just sad.

Also that talking crap thing. Wasn't that against the Steelers? Where he had 7 receptions for about 137 yards? Yeah, bad day at the office (assuming it was that game).
I didn't take a shot at you. You are unquestionably a giant mark for Michigan. There's no debate in that. None.

So because he doesn't have an ego in the same category of TO he doesn't have an ego? His mouth is a problem. Everyone in Cleveland thinks so. He said that the hit Brian Russell put on Chad Johnson earlier in the year was a cheap shot. Whether or not it was a cheap shot is beside the point. Edwards would rather take the side of an opposing player than his own teamate. That my friend is disruptive.

Again, Braylon Edwards is not the leader, or the best player on the team. There are plenty of players who actually possess leadership skills, like Willie McGinest, Andre Davis, and Charlie Frye (he may not be the best QB but I promise you that the guys would rally behind him before Braylon).

He's not the only one making an effort, and often times he drops very easliy catchable balls. Ask any Browns fan and they will tell you that. Kellen Winslow is the best offensive player on that team and it's not even close.

I watch the Browns every week. Hell I'm friends with Charlie Frye (so yes I have my bias too, but it's not against Braylon who I like and Charlie likes too), trust me when I say this, Braylon is not the leader. He's the Keyshawn Johnson of the Browns, at best.

And I just read the article you posted (kinda funny that they too reference Meshawn). That basically confirms exactely what I just said. I have no idea why you put that. He calls out his own players, his coaching staff, and routinely fails to back it up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't take a shot at you. You are unquestionably a giant mark for Michigan. There's no debate in that. None.

So because he doesn't have an ego in the same category of TO he doesn't have an ego? His mouth is a problem. Everyone in Cleveland thinks so. He said that the hit Brian Russell put on Chad Johnson earlier in the year was a cheap shot. Whether or not it was a cheap shot is beside the point. Edwards would rather take the side of an opposing player than his own teamate. That my friend is disruptive.

Again, Braylon Edwards is not the leader, or the best player on the team. There are plenty of players who actually possess leadership skills, like Willie McGinest, Andre Davis, and Charlie Frye (he may not be the best QB but I promise you that the guys would rally behind him before Braylon).

He's not the only one making an effort, and often times he drops very easliy catchable balls. Ask any Browns fan and they will tell you that. Kellen Winslow is the best offensive player on that team and it's not even close.

I watch the Browns every week. Hell I'm friends with Charlie Frye (so yes I have my bias too, but it's not against Braylon who I like and Charlie likes too), trust me when I say this, Braylon is not the leader. He's the Keyshawn Johnson of the Browns, at best.

And I just read the article you posted. That basically confirms exactely what I just said. I have no idea why you put that. He calls out his own players, his coaching staff, and routinely fails to back it up.
Yes I am biased towards Michigan and I am not arguing that but its not like he is a cnacer.

He talked to Russell about the hit too, and said he did have a problem with it but was not calling him a dirty player. I don't see why he did it but he talked to the player about it and have settled it. I know Braylon drops some easy balls. That was his problem at Michigan but the games I have seen it does not seem like he is given much of a chance out there.

Braylon has been talking more than he should, but I don't think he is going to become a locker room cancer.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody said he was a cancer. But there's a lot of room between being a cancer and being a leader. Braylon needs to learn to shut his mouth. That's all.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lecharles bentley.....oh wait.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, you Browns fans are so funny. I don't hear any of you guys going off on Winslow when he has called teams out and players out. But you guys get upset when all Braylon wants to do is win. How can you not blame him, look at the college he went to. So you guys stick behind your "Soldier," but not behind one of the hardest workers in the league who doesn't go out there and ruin organizations like TO and Moss.

Uneducated biased Buckeyes is all you guys are.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR
Wow, you Browns fans are so funny. I don't hear any of you guys going off on Winslow when he has called teams out and players out. But you guys get upset when all Braylon wants to do is win. How can you not blame him, look at the college he went to. So you guys stick behind your "Soldier," but not behind one of the hardest workers in the league who doesn't go out there and ruin organizations like TO and Moss.

Winslow is actually consistantly making plays and not dropping easy catches. He IS our offense and our most contructive vocal leader.

Braylon is under-performing and just being b!tchey. Big difference.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
he's the new T.O. minus the skill.
How exactly is that? :?
well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.
well, obviously, you are clueless. T.O. is a crybaby drama queen. Braylon is trying to get Frye to pull his head outta his ass, seeing he is on an awful team. T.O. has never been on a team this bad

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly felt bad for Frye.

I understand Edwards frustration with how the game had gone but Frye isn't the guy he should've been mad at. Our horrid pass rush was actually killing Frye, his only mistakes were made because he had all kinds of players in his face.

I don't see it as Edwards being a TO type, they were getting embarrased and he felt he had a chance to help the offense. Afterwards you could see him talking to Frye as if to apologize, it was a heat of the moment deal.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I honestly felt bad for Frye.

I understand Edwards frustration with how the game had gone but Frye isn't the guy he should've been mad at. Our horrid pass rush was actually killing Frye, his only mistakes were made because he had all kinds of players in his face.

I don't see it as Edwards being a TO type, they were getting embarrased and he felt he had a chance to help the offense. Afterwards you could see him talking to Frye as if to apologize, it was a heat of the moment deal.

Does anyone remember when Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning got into a heated dispute and starting pushing and shoving during the '04 Jaguars game? In "the heat of the moment" people do stupid things.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like flip off fans.

Sorry... bro. I had too. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In deed.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:

Speaking of uninformed and biased.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon is a jerk and most of us Browns fans hate him b/c he went to TSUN, but if he makes plays I'll be happy. We need a better O-Line and maybe a good QB to make that happen though
Old 11-27-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Braylon is a jerk and most of us Browns fans hate him b/c he went to TSUN, but if he makes plays I'll be happy. We need a better O-Line and maybe a good QB to make that happen though
And that would have no corraltion with you being a Buckeye fan would it?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BMadison95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.
Funny how you never hear Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, or Andre Johnson(which someone mentioned in an earlier post) popping off about being on a "crappy" team. It's not the Browns' fault that they're cursed.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

BROWNS NEED A QB
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMadison95
Quote:
Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.
Funny how you never hear Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, or Andre Johnson(which someone mentioned in an earlier post) popping off about being on a "crappy" team. It's not the Browns' fault that they're cursed.
They all get the ball though on a pretty consistent basis, Braylon does not
Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMadison95
Quote:
They all get the ball though on a pretty consistent basis, Braylon does not
That is because we have K2, and Braylon doesn't get open.

Braylon just needs to settle down and pump his teams up. If he want to be great than he needs to act like it...calling people out isn't going to get him anywhere.

Also, trust me. It is not Charlie's fault, i actually think without his skills we would be even worse right now. Our offense coaching staff, philosophy, and o-line are all horrible. When we get some compatent people in those postions we should really start to see some improvement.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 062704
I think Braylon is a hard-working, high-effort guy whose stuck in a situation where he can't flourish and he's frustrated about it. I understand it a whole lot more than when I see Plaxico or Antonio Bryant throw a temper tantrum because their QB got sacked, but they were open once the CB saw the sack and pulled off them.
Well said.
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life
He went at his O-Line not Frye
no, it looked like he went after frye
they said in one of the game's half time or pregame or postgame that he was telling frye that their o line was really playing with their thumbs up their ass

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see why he was pissed, i mean they were shut out, this is a team that should at the very least score points with all the weapons, and let their D keep them close in most cases....

but braylon is the #1 wr, he has winslow, but he is THE wr they have, he isnt going to where he has an anquan boldin already, or another solid guy to take the slack off....

but braylon was pullin for frye last year, he should relax a little because he was screaming for frye to get in, now will he start his "bench frye" campaign soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 AM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

The OUTLAW hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Actually Winslow has never done what Braylon did in calling out his own teammates. That was pretty inexcusable. Not to mention Winslow has been pretty remarkable this year. All you have to do is watch him catch the ball and not only break tackles but carry 2-3 defenders just so he can get an additional yard or 2. He is by far the best receiver on the team.

My problem with Braylon is that you never ever try to upstage another player especially when you run bad patterns, don't come back for the ball and tend to drop some easy balls. I don't think Braylon is a cancer, but I do believe that the losing is bothering him (it is bothering everyone). he needs to suck it up.

Vince Lombardi
The OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Braylon Edwards is an pathetic. He needs to learn to catch passes instead of complaining when his team isn't playing very well, when has he taken respondibility for dropping a guarenteed TD pass in the waning moments? You don't hear him saying anything then. I don't like him or Chambers whining the way they've been this season, when you start performing then you attempt to play leader.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote