Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Sean Taylor is the most overratted safty in the NFL, he played good in the playoffs acouple years ago but after that es done nothing too special (except for that hit on moorman in the pro bowl)
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Sean Taylor is the most overratted safty in the NFL, he played good in the playoffs acouple years ago but after that es done nothing too special (except for that hit on moorman in the pro bowl)
or that game winning INT verse Panthers last year..or the hits on TO..Keyshawn..Tatum Bell..to name a few
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Mmmmm Kayy Mr. Mackey. What is it that you cant understand? When a player gives up that many TD's Mmmm kay, it means he cant cover the person he is supposed to Mmmm Kay. Either way you cut it, the REAL top 5 safeties in the league are worlds better in coverage than this overrated cancer mmmm kay?

Is he a good talent? Of course. Is he top 5 and maybe even top 10? No, that honer goes to the people that dont allow TD's, because afterall that is the whole goal of a deffense, not solo tackles etc....
Wow. The reading comprehension level on this board has reached an all-time low. We're talking closer to 12-feet under than 6-feet under.

My argument was only with how ridiculous your argument sounded with the cliche "Actions speak louder than words." I guess there were ways that you could have made that cliche fit into your argument like, "Where I'm from, actions speak louder than words, and Sean Taylor talks a big game, but he can't back it up on the field." But you didn't say that. You tried to imply that Sean Taylor's actions speak louder than Cunningham's words. Well of course you would say that, you're arguing with him. It is implied that Cunningham is not accurately representing Sean Taylor's "actions" if you are disagreeing with how good Taylor is. That you actually tried to use that in an argument is unfathomable.

And then you thought it would be so hilarious to talk down to me when I made my comment about your post. You fail to realize it is you who lacks the comprehension of my post, not the other way around. You just made yourself look like a fool because you are the one who is so one-track minded that you parrot out a single statistic without even reading other people's posts. The irony that you tried to make fun of me for not understanding your argument when it was you who absolutely failed to comprehend my small little post that was actually quite clear is amazing. Of course the humor is at your own expense, but that's ok considering you first tried making fun of me.

By the way, I love how you bring up that most everyone here is under 21 when you lack the reading comprehension level of a 4th grader. What are you, in 7th grade or something? If I were you, I'd just say yes, otherwise it makes you look even dumber for your age. Once again, wonderful, unplanned irony. I love it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean taylor maybe be overrated but he still is good. Better than most S in the league, he turned out to be better than Adam Archallata. He would be the 10 best S

1. Reed
dawks
Polomalu
wilson
Williams
Sanders
Harison
Darious
Lynch
Taylor
Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

Neither Lynch or Darius are still at the level of Taylor. Chris Hope is up there.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Sean taylor maybe be overrated but he still is good. Better than most S in the league, he turned out to be better than Adam Archallata. He would be the 10 best S

1. Reed
dawks
Polomalu
wilson
Williams
Sanders
Harison
Darious
Lynch
Taylor
Sean Taylor>Troy P only Safties better than taylor are Reed, Dawkins and Wilson
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Sanders and Troy are better than Sean taylor
Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
1. Ed Reed
2. Adrian Wilson
3. Brian Dawkins
4. Troy Polamalu
5. Darren Sharper
I like that list. Except i'd put Dawkins ahead of Wilson.

Last edited by Acreboy : 06-03-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way Sanders and Troy are better than Sean taylor

Based on what exactly?
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is ridiculous. You people need to use punctuation. Use commas, periods, exclamation points, question marks, whatever, just take some pride in your post!

"No way Sanders and Troy are better than Sean taylor"

Written like this, it implies that someone has placed Sanders and Troy above Taylor and this poster feels there is no way that those 2 safeties are better than Taylor.

"Sean Taylor>Troy P only Safties better than taylor are Reed, Dawkins and Wilson"

Sean Taylor is better than Polamalu and they are the only safeties better than Reed, Dawkins and Wilson.

If you are going to take the 4 seconds to type out a post, take the extra second to add punctuation so that people can actually understand which side you are on. Otherwise it looks like you are arguing in exactly the opposite way from what you really feel.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
This is ridiculous. You people need to use punctuation. Use commas, periods, exclamation points, question marks, whatever, just take some pride in your post!

"No way Sanders and Troy are better than Sean taylor"

Written like this, it implies that someone has placed Sanders and Troy above Taylor and this poster feels there is no way that those 2 safeties are better than Taylor.

"Sean Taylor>Troy P only Safties better than taylor are Reed, Dawkins and Wilson"

Sean Taylor is better than Polamalu and they are the only safeties better than Reed, Dawkins and Wilson.

If you are going to take the 4 seconds to type out a post, take the extra second to add punctuation so that people can actually understand which side you are on. Otherwise it looks like you are arguing in exactly the opposite way from what you really feel.
Punctuation is the difference between:

"I helped my Uncle, Jack, off a horse."

and

"i helped my uncle jack off a horse"
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

ahaha yo who cares as long as it seems to make sence but ill try u seemed to get wat each of u was sayin

Last edited by brat316 : 06-04-2007 at 09:10 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Punctuation is the difference between:

"I helped my Uncle, Jack, off a horse."

and

"i helped my uncle jack off a horse"
yeah... that first one's messed up man.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
ahaha yo who cares as long but ill try u seemed to get wat each of u was sayin
ESL?

Old 06-04-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESL?

I do hope you don't fall off your chair in amazement, but English isn't the only language in the world that uses interpunction.
English is my third language and I use plenty of comma's and god knows what.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I do hope you don't fall off your chair in amazement, but English isn't the only language in the world that uses interpunction.
English is my third language and I use plenty of comma's and god knows what.
Did you read the post I quoted? It's tough to believe that somebody who speaks English as a first language could write something like that.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Did you read the post I quoted? It's tough to believe that somebody who speaks English as a first language could write something like that.
yeah I read it. But to be honest, you should see the way people mutilate the Dutch language, what you quoted wasn't really all that bad.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-04-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
yeah I read it. But to be honest, you should see the way people mutilate the Dutch language, what you quoted wasn't really all that bad.
Obviously I'm only familiar with the mutilation of English since I'm not fluent in anything else but that post was unreadable, at least to me.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
neither was Sanders..or Polamalu..or Brown

2 of those were hurt..1 had injuries on and off and wasnt dominant last year
Bob Sanders was very dominant in the playoffs, he was the best overall DB in the playoffs last year.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think after this season the top two tandems of safety's could very well rely in the AFC:N.

Ed Reed

Dawan Landry

vs.

Troy Polamalu

Anthony Smith

I think it's going to be an interesting battle between these two groups for Safety Supremecy.

Landry Vs. Polamalu
Reed Vs. Smith

Very Interesting.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I think after this season the top two tandems of safety's could very well rely in the AFC:N.

Ed Reed

Dawan Landry

vs.

Troy Polamalu

Anthony Smith

I think it's going to be an interesting battle between these two groups for Safety Supremecy.

Landry Vs. Polamalu
Reed Vs. Smith

Very Interesting.
Wow, its really not going to be close, baltimores is waaaaaaayyyy better
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

and why do you say that
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESL?

It is for me, uncle Jack.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ahaha yo who cares as long but ill try u seemed to get wat each of u was sayin
nasdasi iusbhjf I ikfnnkd alalo lmjs?!@@@żżżĦĦĦĦ???!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Way to prove it.

Polamalu is the best Strong safety in the league (Some will debate Wilson, But Polamalu is much more versatile and clutch).

Ed Reed is the best Free Safety in the league.

Both Dawan Landry and Anthony Smith (in his limited time) have played great.

Landry got the nod from me because he's got a full 16 games under his belt. But Anthony Smith is certainly capable of being atleast as good if not better.

I want to see how both Landry and Smith do in their second season.

I give the nod to Landry/Reed because their defense IMO is better than the steelers right now. At least in the pass rushing department.

But To say they're not even close is proving 2 things,

1) Your close minded
2) Your credibility isn't worth anything.

Both teams have Pro-Bowl decorated Vets, and 2 young and up'n'comers next to them.. to say that Baltimores Duo is greater than Pittsburgh without even letting both groups get in to their second season together is just a joke.

I was merely stating the best safety duo could be battled between them...

With Buffalo, Washington, and NO on the outside looking in.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote