Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think jackson gonna lead the league with rushing yards and possibly win the mvp
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i think jackson gonna lead the league with rushing yards and possibly win the mvp
I dont. He has great versitality and is an absolute tank, but I dont think he will lead the league in rushing. Maybe total yards from scrimmage, but I dont think he is up there in running abilities as LT, LJ, Frank Gore, or Jerious Norwood.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Jon Kitna

Rushing
1. Steven Jackson
2. Larry Johnson
3. Frank Gore
4. Ladanian Tomlinson
5. Willie Parker

Receiving
1. Steve Smith
2. Roy Williams
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Anquan Boldin

Sacks
1. Adalius Thomas
2. Derrick Burgess
3. Julius Peppers - he's never going to be sack leader but he'll still be the best at his position
4. Aaron Kampman
5. Javon Kearse

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
Losman doesnt look doubtful, with the more 3 and 4 wr sets were gonna use, the means more passing the ball, and now we have a HB who can actually catch
yeah thats gonna help him alot, but are the other WR's even good enough?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees will lead the league in passing

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming this is for yards, not TD's, QB rating, YPC, catches, etc.

Passing
1. Carson Palmer
2. Jon Kitna
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Marc Bulger

Rushing
1. LaDanian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Willie Parker
5. Travis Henry

Recieving
1. Donald Driver
2. Roy Williams
3. Chad Johnson
4. Lee Evans
5. Torry Holt

Sacks
1. Kamerion Wimbley
2. DeMarcus Ware
3. Derrick Burgess
4. Shawne Merriman
5. Osi Umenyiora

Punt Avg
1. Mat McBriar
2. Scott Player
3. Shane Lechler
4. Jason Baker
5. Dustin Colquitt
Old 05-29-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

The only way Larry Johnson is not top 5 in rushing is if he gets injured. He has pretty much never been injured through his time in college and the NFL and he has very little wear and tear despite all of the carries last year. LJ is going to get his 1,500+ yards.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing:
1. Carson Palmer
2. Peyton Manning
3. Marc Bulger
4. Tom Brady
5. Drew Brees

Rushing:
1. Steven Jackson
2. LaDainian Tomlinson
3. Frank Gore
4. Willie Parker
5. Larry Johnson

Recieving:
1. Torry Holt
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Steve Smith
5. Lee Evans

Sacks:
1. Julius Peppers
2. Shawne Merriman
3. DeMarcus Ware
4. Derrick Burgess
5. Dwight Freeney

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Passing
1. Drew Brees
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Tom Brady
5. Jon Kitna

Rushing
1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Larry Johnson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Willie Parker
5. Travis Henry

Receiving
1. Chad Johnson
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Roy Williams
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Larry Fitzgerald

Sacks
1. Terrell Suggs
2. Shawne Merriman
3. Aaron Kampman
4. Julius Peppers
5. Jason Taylor

Baltimore: 7-4

Last edited by Yung Flippa : 05-29-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I dont. He has great versitality and is an absolute tank, but I dont think he will lead the league in rushing. Maybe total yards from scrimmage, but I dont think he is up there in running abilities as LT, LJ, Frank Gore, or Jerious Norwood.
You don't think Steven Jackson has the same running abilities as Jerious Norwood?....

I doubt he'll lead the leauge in rushing yards either, but I think its safe to say he's better then Jerious Norwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
The only way Larry Johnson is not top 5 in rushing is if he gets injured. He has pretty much never been injured through his time in college and the NFL and he has very little wear and tear despite all of the carries last year. LJ is going to get his 1,500+ yards.
I think he'll get over 1500 yards by default through all his carries, but how do you figure he very little wear and tear, when we can't possibly even know that until the season starts? That's somethig we'll see in the games, not in interviews, or Training camp.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
cuz he was such a yard machine in the superbowl
Yeah..basing an argument off of one game that he got hurt in is a real good idea.

Where do some of you morons come from?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt ''Lionhart'' Leinart

Rushing
1. Steven Jackson
2. Frank Gore
3. Ladainian Tomlinson
4. Joseph Addai
5. Cedric Benson (bold)

Receiving
1. Steve Smith
2. Chad Johnson
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Torry Holt
5. Anquan Boldin

Sacks
1. Julius Peppers
2. Aaron Kampman
3. Shawne Merrimam
4. Derrick Burgess
5. Osi Umenyiora
Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
You don't think Steven Jackson has the same running abilities as Jerious Norwood?....

I doubt he'll lead the leauge in rushing yards either, but I think its safe to say he's better then Jerious Norwood.
Look at the name. Nuff said

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Manning
LT
Chad "85"
Merriman

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Sacks
5. LaMarr Woodley
joke right?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post

I think he'll get over 1500 yards by default through all his carries, but how do you figure he very little wear and tear, when we can't possibly even know that until the season starts? That's somethig we'll see in the games, not in interviews, or Training camp.
Because Larry Johnson has only started 2 full seasons in both college and the NFL. He started his senior year at Penn State and this past season in KC. That's it.

Ladainian Tomlinson on the other hand had over 5,200 yards in college. Counting rushes and receptions Ladainian Tomlinson has had close to 400 touches a year for 6 years in the NFL. Ladainian Tomlinson has had nagging injuries for several years during his tenure in the NFL. Larry Johnson has not really had any injuries in the NFL.

I am of the opinion that Ladainian Tomlinson will run out of gas before LJ does. Tomlinson has more yardage on him, is a little bit older, and is not near as strong as LJ is. Also, Tomlinson is the one that is going to have the bullseye on his back this year.

Larry Johnson is working with the same trainer that Tiki Barber worked with while he was in the NFL. Larry has added more strength yet he looks more lean as well. In recent pictures taken last week LJ looks ripped. I expect him to be even stronger and faster this year.

So to answer your question, I think that in all likelihood LJ does not have alot of wear and tear on him.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rushing:
1. Steven Jackson
2. Larry Johnson
3. LDT
4. Frank Gore
5. Travis Henry

Receiving:
1. Steve Smith
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Chad Johnson
4. Andre Johnson
5. Torry Holt

Passing:
1. Carson Palmer
2. Peyton Manning
3. Marc Bulger
4. Donovan McNabb
5. Drew Brees

Sacks:
1. Shawne Merriman
2. Julius Peppers
3. DeMarcus Ware
4. Osi Umenyiora
5. Adalius Thomas

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 05-30-2007 at 12:19 AM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Because Larry Johnson has only started 2 full seasons in both college and the NFL. He started his senior year at Penn State and this past season in KC. That's it.

Ladainian Tomlinson on the other hand had over 5,200 yards in college. Counting rushes and receptions Ladainian Tomlinson has had close to 400 touches a year for 6 years in the NFL. Ladainian Tomlinson has had nagging injuries for several years during his tenure in the NFL. Larry Johnson has not really had any injuries in the NFL.

I am of the opinion that Ladainian Tomlinson will run out of gas before LJ does. Tomlinson has more yardage on him, is a little bit older, and is not near as strong as LJ is. Also, Tomlinson is the one that is going to have the bullseye on his back this year.

Larry Johnson is working with the same trainer that Tiki Barber worked with while he was in the NFL. Larry has added more strength yet he looks more lean as well. In recent pictures taken last week LJ looks ripped. I expect him to be even stronger and faster this year.

So to answer your question, I think that in all likelihood LJ does not have alot of wear and tear on him.
I didn't ask if LT had more wear and tear on him then LJ, so all that you typed in your first three paragraphs is kinda pointless....

But, Larry Johnson may not have started two years ago, he still had 336 carries, so that's no different then starting. Tomlinson has not had nagging injuries his whole career, the only place I can guess you got that from is his ribs injury in '05? And pictures of him looking ripped, or lean, are no indication that he won't have any burn on his tires...His running style also makes him a lot more susceptible to damage then LT who is much more elusive and avoids many more "big hits".

But you adjusted it to say in all likelihood, which is fair, I just disagree with it. He may not feel the effects this year, but in two years, especailly if he has another heavy carries season, he will.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
joke right?
Could be. If he gets considerable playing time I think he'll be a beast in our defense.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Yeah right top 5 in sacks though. Merriman wasnt top 5 his rookie season neither was Ware and they have so much more talent then Woodley. Your being a huge homer here, there are so many better passrushers.