Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the Best?
Terrell Suggs 41 28.28%
Demarcus Ware 34 23.45%
Shawne Merriman 70 48.28%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True but I admit Scott should have been ahead of T-sizzle.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how all the teams passed on Suggs because of his 40 time, yet he is a beast pass rusher and great in coverage and against the run, players just find a way to drop to the Ravens like Ed Reed at the 24th pick and Ray Lewis at the 26th pick, and Todd Heap at the 31st pick and so on, the Ravens know how to evaluate talent not measureables.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merriman is the best. Ware is great. Suggs is awesome. Don't forget Adalius Thomas either. Kamerion Wimbley had 11 sacks as a rookie on the Browns for crying out loud. I think Anthony Spencer is about to join that fraternatiy of great young DE/OLB hybrid pass rushers too. Shaun Phillips is great as well.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Merriman is the best. Ware is great. Suggs is awesome. Don't forget Adalius Thomas either. Kamerion Wimbley had 11 sacks as a rookie on the Browns for crying out loud. I think Anthony Spencer is about to join that fraternatiy of great young DE/OLB hybrid pass rushers too. Shaun Phillips is great as well.
Agreed. Along with tightend, 3-4 DE/OLB's has one the deepest pools of talent then any other position currently.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's funny how all the teams passed on Suggs because of his 40 time, yet he is a beast pass rusher and great in coverage and against the run, players just find a way to drop to the Ravens like Ed Reed at the 24th pick and Ray Lewis at the 26th pick, and Todd Heap at the 31st pick and so on, the Ravens know how to evaluate talent not measureables.

also some kid named clinton portis dropped to round 2
Old 05-29-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
also some kid named clinton portis dropped to round 2
Ravens didn't draft him, lol.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Don't forget about Manny Lawson. He could be better than all of them.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ravens have a very nice history of 1st round draft picks.

Hard to argue with that. I can't think of a team that has done better in that time span.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Ravens have a very nice history of 1st round draft picks.

Hard to argue with that. I can't think of a team that has done better in that time span.
yup, only 2 flops in that 10 year span

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Don't forget about Manny Lawson. He could be better than all of them.
He hasn't proven yet that he deserves to be in any sort of discussion like this.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ravens didn't draft him, lol.

yes i know
but u were tlakin about players droppin

so i thought i should share that clinton did too
Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
He hasn't proven yet that he deserves to be in any sort of discussion like this.
He was mentioning Anthony Spencer; I think it's fair to mention Lawson if Spencer's name is coming up.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Suggs and Ware are great but Merriman is the standout at the position. He has just been a dominant force these past 2 years and hes only going to get better.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot my rankings:

1. Ware - He's the physical freak amongst them. He's the strongest and the fastest of the 3.

2. Suggs - He and Ware are way more well rounded than Merrimann.

3. Merrimann - The best pure pass rusher of the 3, but the least well rounded.

Suggs and Ware have been my favorite players from before both of their respective drafts though. Both play my favorite position, and I like their all around ability more than Merrimann.

Can't wait til Ware is turned loose by Phillips.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I'd take a complete player that could play in the 4-3 and the 3-4 effectively before I take a pure(one trick pony) passrusher.
You make that sounds like it's a bad thing that Merriman is primarily a pass rusher. It's not like Wade Phillips used him that much in pass coverage. Of course, seeing as how rushing the passer is the most important thing in the NFL (at least in my honest opinion), I'd say that isn't a bad thing that Merriman is the best pure pass rusher of the two. And the best part is that he can only get better. Right now he's not using as much technique as he should. Shaun Phillips is someone that uses excellent technique and if Merriman can learn to follow in his methods then he'll be a true monster of the NFL.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
You make that sounds like it's a bad thing that Merriman is primarily a pass rusher. It's not like Wade Phillips used him that much in pass coverage. Of course, seeing as how rushing the passer is the most important thing in the NFL (at least in my honest opinion), I'd say that isn't a bad thing that Merriman is the best pure pass rusher of the two. And the best part is that he can only get better. Right now he's not using as much technique as he should. Shaun Phillips is someone that uses excellent technique and if Merriman can learn to follow in his methods then he'll be a true monster of the NFL.
You have to look at these players abilities to play in multiple systems, Suggs and Ware can do that.

Last edited by Phrost : 05-29-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Suggs to shake things up a bit. They're all really close though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Roids. All I gotta say.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Merrijuiceman is one of the most overattes players in the game. When you look at how much SD blitzes and other rushers like Williams to clog guys, Igor Olshanky and Phillips it is almost like Madden. If you send him fifteen times wide off the edge he is bound to get one or two sacks. Dont get me wrong I would love Merrriman on my team(particularly to rush th QB) but the guy just gets too much credit. I still think he will break the sack record but not due to his overall ability to play Linebacker.

My list:
1) Suggs
2) Ware
3) Merrijuiceman(over every other DE/OLB in the league other than Suggs/Ware)

Suggs is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is crazy good at LB and can rush from outside or play the down end. I just love the guy. D-Ware is a freak who is also monstrous. Merrijuiceman is a monster who is kinda overrated in his overall ability.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take Terrell Suggs easily.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Phrost

How quickly people forgot Merriman was on roids.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares if he is on roids. H is a forceand was a force when he came back from the suspension nd he is getting the derrick thoams type treatment...one trick pont BS.
that's his job. so when he breaks every record in the book go ahead and wine.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Merrijuiceman is one of the most overattes players in the game. When you look at how much SD blitzes and other rushers like Williams to clog guys, Igor Olshanky and Phillips it is almost like Madden. If you send him fifteen times wide off the edge he is bound to get one or two sacks. Dont get me wrong I would love Merrriman on my team(particularly to rush th QB) but the guy just gets too much credit. I still think he will break the sack record but not due to his overall ability to play Linebacker.

My list:
1) Suggs
2) Ware
3) Merrijuiceman(over every other DE/OLB in the league other than Suggs/Ware)

Suggs is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is crazy good at LB and can rush from outside or play the down end. I just love the guy. D-Ware is a freak who is also monstrous. Merrijuiceman is a monster who is kinda overrated in his overall ability.
Yeah, I'm sure your calling him Merrijuiceman and being a Bronco fan doesn't give you any bias in this conversation....All those players rush the QB frequently so its not like Merriman is the only one who does that, its part of the position they all play. He's almost a glorified Rush DE, he has few responsibilities in the pass game, but thats the position he plays...hence the DE/OLB position the OP pointed out...

The steroids is a worn out and beat up topic, so I refuse to argue it, obviously he did something he shouldn't have, but just consider that he failed one test, among numerous other times being tested....its not like the guy was proven doing steroids his entire career. He cheated, knowingly or unknowingly at some point, obviously. But don't make it seem like the guy is the Barry Bonds of football.

As a pure pass rusher, I feel Merriman is the best, but he isn't as great an all-around 3-4 OLB as I think Ware is. I think those guys are 1-2, its tough to place the order depending on what you are looking for...just because I'm a Charger fan I'll say

1. Merriman
2. Ware
3. Suggs
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) Merriman
2) Ware
3) Suggs

At the end i think Ware will be the best....He was way more Raw coming out of college...This year I see 15-20 sacks.......
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure your calling him Merrijuiceman and being a Bronco fan doesn't give you any bias in this conversation....All those players rush the QB frequently so its not like Merriman is the only one who does that, its part of the position they all play. He's almost a glorified Rush DE, he has few responsibilities in the pass game, but thats the position he plays...hence the DE/OLB position the OP pointed out...

The steroids is a worn out and beat up topic, so I refuse to argue it, obviously he did something he shouldn't have, but just consider that he failed one test, among numerous other times being tested....its not like the guy was proven doing steroids his entire career. He cheated, knowingly or unknowingly at some point, obviously. But don't make it seem like the guy is the Barry Bonds of football.

As a pure pass rusher, I feel Merriman is the best, but he isn't as great an all-around 3-4 OLB as I think Ware is. I think those guys are 1-2, its tough to place the order depending on what you are looking for...just because I'm a Charger fan I'll say

1. Merriman
2. Ware
3. Suggs
Merriman has actually been proven to using steroids, so i think that would make him worse than barry
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote