Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Trouble makers: Vick, Pacman, etc. 30 63.83%
Dillution of talent. 3 6.38%
Rookie Contracts. 7 14.89%
Steroids. 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Default What is the bigger problem for the NFL?

In your guys opinion's what is the biggest problem for the NFL? Out of these choices?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
reese

what choices?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
what choices?
I posted them.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Football has by far the most successful league in professional sports compared to every other league the NFL has nothing to worry about
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Football has by far the most successful league in professional sports compared to every other league the NFL has nothing to worry about
I know I know, just wondering what people thought about current issues.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly trouble makers but its related to rookie and then proffessional contracts. We as a society put athletes up on a pedestal, give them bucket loads of cash and then let them run amuck with very little consequences. I support the NFL's bid to stamp these guys out and wish they'd go further - I dont my kids looking up to those jerks

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steroids are far less of a problem than guranteed money rising for ordinary contracts and ordinary players. But clearly the CroMagnon, immature and genetically fuct players and their off the field antics are the issue. 1 year supsensions should be throw around like beads at mardi gras, but it ssucks that the players union would never allow it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

image due to all the trouble makers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Trouble makers are the biggest problem because it reflects poorly on the league. Rookie contracts are a problem but one that I believe will be fixed in the next CBA.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on how you view this question. If you look at it from a business point of view, its the troublemakers. Because having a league of thugs makes it harder to sell tickets and merchandise.

If you look at it from a football perspective, Im gonna go with dilution of talent. The teams in today's NFL simply are not on the same level as teams from the 70s and 80s, or even the 90s for that matter. The quality at the top is not as enjoyable to watch. Parity is good for the league, but the dilution of talent does turn me off some.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talent Def. Teams sign their players to huge contracts nvr letting them go and not having to worry about much becuase of the ever increasing cap. So FA is dry and its like guess work with FA players.

Also players are getting more athletic bigger, but now players are not used on everydown, they are specilzed players. Only can do certain things not everything
Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Not really, at least not how I see it. FIFA is by far the most organized one in the world. The way they run things so smoothly is pretty nice. NFL is a second place though.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I picked steriods. Player conduct can be easily solved. Goddell has all the power, if the problems keep increasing, he'll bring in harsher penalties. Steriods, on the other hand, is something much more difficult to detect and exterminate.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football hasnt had it steorid scandals like baseball so i think we are still good though some players do look like they are on it but who knows maybe they are taking NO explode and protein powder
Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Football hasnt had it steorid scandals like baseball so i think we are still good though some players do look like they are on it but who knows maybe they are taking NO explode and protein powder
Let's be for real. They just haven't taken someone to exemplify the significance of steroids in the NFL. I thought Merriman would be in a similar situation as those baseball guys but he got off lucky.
Many guys are willing to sacrifice their body using steroids to earn millions of dollars. On the other hand, many are also just naturally talented & gifted and with hardwork achieve the highest level of competition. I personally think they need to tighten the steroids/illegal supplements watch for ALL sports.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rookie contracts, every 5 years or so the owners and players need to come to a new agreement on money. The NHL couldnt agree and look what happened.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inflation.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I choose none of the above and instead put in my own suggestion of concussions. Too many players receive them and they have ended careers premature.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote