Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Quote:
Matt Schaub is so overrated. People think he can step into any team and be a good QB but he has never won a game in his career in ATL. Anybody that thinks he is better than Vick is kidding themselves.
Well it took Schaub about 1 game to throw 4 TD passes for the first time. It took Vick how many years before he even threw for 3 in one game?
Addai ran for 4 TDs in one game in his first year, it took LT until this season to run for 4. Great argument.
Come on now. Throwing for 3 TDs is something a QB should do a little more commonly than have a running back rush for 4.
Tom Brady, the 2nd best QB in the league, has only done it 7 times the last 3 years. That's about twice a season. It's not like that is something that is expected every game.
Actually 8 and this season isn't over. Its not exepected every game, but I'm sure Falcons fans would have liked to have seen it a couple times a lot earlier than it did.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Matt Schaub is so overrated. People think he can step into any team and be a good QB but he has never won a game in his career in ATL. Anybody that thinks he is better than Vick is kidding themselves.
Well it took Schaub about 1 game to throw 4 TD passes for the first time. It took Vick how many years before he even threw for 3 in one game?
Schaub never had a 4 TD game. :?
Not against the Patriots? I thought it was 4. Either way it took him one game to throew 3 TDs and it took Vick a couple of seasons.
The only other game he had over 20 attempts in he had a QB rating in the 70's. A player that has only thrown over 20 passes twice and did well in one of the games does not deserve to be traded for a player with the type of talent that Moss has.
I know that the topic of the thread but thats not what I responded to. I responded to you saying that anybody that thinks he is better than Vick is kidding themselves. Well they might be closer than you would think. I agree he shouldn't be traded for a player the caliber of Moss.
Vick is considered a top 10 QB by a lot of people and is definitely in the top half of the league. Schaub had one good game two years ago and other than that has not played well in his limited opportunities. I just don't put a lot of faith inone game wonders.
I don't put a lot of faith in a QB in his 6th season who still looks like a rookie a lot of the time. Cowboys put faith in a no game wonder in Romo. They aren't regretting that.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Derrick Blaylock had 4 tds in one half against the Falcons once, by your logic he is clearly a future star running back.
Not quite. Again a QB throwing for 3 TDs is something that is a little more common thatn a RB rushing for 4. The bottom line is that Vick a former #1 overall pick took forever to even accomplish something that isn't even that great of an achievement. He isn't a good passer. Schaub is better at delivering the ball to a reciever. Thats all.
I'm not disputing that Vick is a poor passer, but one good game against a terrible pass defense doesn't mean that Schaub is any better. Kelly Holcomb, Aaron Brooks, and Gus Frerrote tore up that same Patriots defense in the middle of 05 also. What Schaub did was nice, but hardly incredible.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I don't put a lot of faith in a QB in his 6th season who still looks like a rookie a lot of the time. Cowboys put faith in a no game wonder in Romo. They aren't regretting that.
He's not even a year older than Eli.

You're screwed as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I have to say is Moss likely Warrants a 2nd round pick right now. Walker was younger and shipped for a high 2nd rounder. Moss would likely bring a mid 2nd rounder...which is right were ATL is looking to be.

Lets not kid ourselves...noone is looking good on oaklands offense...noone. So the real question is would atl give upa 2nd for moss. I think if vick pushed for it, it could be done.

All I know is I don't wanna see Vick dropping back and throwing a bomb to Moss...Atl would finally have a big time reciever...that would scare me and I wouldn't want to play atl.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub is rediculously overrated.

He has mediocre accuracy, even in the games he started last year.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Because that happens every time the starter is benched. :roll:

If Schaub was actually better than Vick, the Falcons would be shopping him rather than Schaub, because he would go for a lot more.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
one good game against a terrible pass defense doesn't mean that Schaub is any better. Kelly Holcomb, Aaron Brooks, and Gus Frerrote tore up that same Patriots defense in the middle of 05 also. What Schaub did was nice, but hardly incredible.

Not only that, but the Patriots had no tape on Schaub. And the Falcons manipulated the injury report to make it seem as if Vick was playing, which no doubt affected New England's defensive gameplan. Basically, the Patriots pass D was used like a 2$ *****, by mediocre Quarterbacks all season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
trade him for vick
correct a big smiley sticker for you

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
All I have to say is Moss likely Warrants a 2nd round pick right now. Walker was younger and shipped for a high 2nd rounder. Moss would likely bring a mid 2nd rounder...which is right were ATL is looking to be.
I think I speak for most Oakland fans when I say lets do business. A mid 2nd round pick would suit us just fine.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
I think I speak for most Oakland fans when I say lets do business. A mid 2nd round pick would suit us just fine.
Interesting...I was wondering if Oak fans would be upset saying he was worth more. Personally I feel a mid 2nd is right about on key.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Jerry Porter for Matt Schaub, Yes.

Randy Moss for Matt Schaub, No.

Won't happen. Both player salaries have to be about the same for the trade to happen. And Atlanta has enough head cases (Mike Vick among them) that. They don't need another.

Plus the Raiders are in the running for the Brady Quinn sweepstakes. Of coarse no QB is going to be effective with that offensive line.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink

I wouldn't put Moss with another crap qb. The one he is with is bad enough. Moss has to much talent to be sitting with the raiders or falcons. He needs to be with a team that actually has a qb who can play the position.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
I wouldn't put Moss with another crap qb. The one he is with is bad enough. Moss has to much talent to be sitting with the raiders or falcons. He needs to be with a team that actually has a qb who can play the position.
The door is never open as they say
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

Draft Picks
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No.., but i would trade Mike Vick for Randy Moss. That way Moss would have a good QB to throw to him, and Schaub would have a good WR to throw to. Vick can go to the raiders who sign or draft anyone whether they are a mess or not.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft

Won't happen. Both player salaries have to be about the same for the trade to happen. And Atlanta has enough head cases (Mike Vick among them) that. They don't need another.

Plus the Raiders are in the running for the Brady Quinn sweepstakes. Of coarse no QB is going to be effective with that offensive line.
to bad al davis doesnt draft qbs in the 1st.
as it is i support the randy moss for schaub theory 100%.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft

to bad al davis doesnt draft qbs in the 1st.
as it is i support the randy moss for schaub theory 100%.
How about trading away Al Davis? He did draft Todd (weefer) Marinovich in the first round. And Marc (string bean) Wilson.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would trade schaub for moss in a heart beat. moss wants to play with vick, and the only thing vick needs right now is a legitimate wideout. alge crumpler cant do everything as he was often triple teamed in the red zone this past week.

i would not trade schaub for jerry porter. porter has proven nothing. atlanta already has one jerry porter(ashley lelie).
Old 11-29-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Vick wouldn't be such a crap QB if his receivers would catch the damn ball.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Moss for Leftwich or Plummer or Huard
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Vick wouldn't be such a crap QB if his receivers would catch the damn ball.
yep
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Moss for Leftwich. Hmmmm...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:21 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
put it this way im not much of a Schaub fan
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
This trade seems too good to be true, Mike Tice wanted to get Moss, and Leftwich is definitely gone, so trade him to the Raiders. That way they can use their pick on either Calvin Johnson, AP or Joe Thomas, and still get an upgrade at QB. Plus, he has a cannon, which Al Davis loves.