Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles:

Offense: LJ Smith. He's already well-known, but he's an integral piece for this team. He's also in a contract year. I could see him getting 60 catches and 9 TD's. The Eagles spread the ball around anyway, so 60 is a pretty significant number.

Defense: Javon Kearse. I'm going to to say that The Freak is back. He hasn't been the player that he was years ago, but I think with the current Eagles team, he will become "The Freak" again.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brandon Jacobs can do well if he gets the right kind of playcalling. He needs to be used in between the tackles and needs to be the feature back with 25-30 touches.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think Brandon Jacobs can do well if he gets the right kind of playcalling. He needs to be used in between the tackles and needs to be the feature back with 25-30 touches.
Yeah I know... =/

30 rushes from Air Coughlin? Sigh.....yeah, thats not happening.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Jericho Cotchery - Last year he showed his potential, this year I think he breaks out big time. Great hands, great after the catch, very good balance...love this guy.

Defense: Kenyon Coleman - Bill Parcells seemed to think alot of this guy, because he recommended him to Tanny. He registered 25 tackles and 4 sacks in limited time, and he really was the Cowboys best defensive end. He and Ellis give us a pass rush from the D-line, which the Pats and Chargers 3-4s get alot of also.

I'll also say BT, because he should have been DeMarcus Ware before Ware was around. He's a physical freak who showed big time potential last year.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts:

Offense - DeDe Dorsey (RB)

Defense - Kelvin Hayden (CB), Freddie Keiaho (OLB)
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Marcedes Lewis. I expect the TE position to be prominent in Koetter's offense, as it was in college. I could see 40-50 catches along with 6+ TDs.

Defense: Daryl Smith. I think he'll just keep getting better, and may be even better this year.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Atlanta Falcons -
Offense: RB - Jerious Norwood. Kid's speed is unsurpassed (you can't beat me in this argument so don't try) and his agility is up amongst the best as well. His ability to dominate really showed whenever he was given a few touches. Anyone who can put up 100+ yards in 1 quarter more than once has all the ability needed to dominate in the NFL. Not only will his rushing yards be over 1000 yards but he will also have over 500 receiving yards.

Defense: DT- Jonathan Babineaux. With Coleman injured Babs will be the day 1 starter and will prove to be a headache from the undertackle position. May not be an elite force against the run, but rushing the passer and getting his hands up to swat down passes he is a phenom waiting to happen.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Offense: Marcedes Lewis. I expect the TE position to be prominent in Koetter's offense, as it was in college. I could see 40-50 catches along with 6+ TDs.

Defense: Daryl Smith. I think he'll just keep getting better, and may be even better this year.
Don't forget Reggie Hayward. He should explode this year if he stays healthy.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:
Lee Evans, J.P Losman, and Kevin Everrett

Defense:
Keith ellison, Angelo Crowell
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Defense: Channing Crowder, loved Crowder since the day we drafted him and he has played great the last 2 years, but I think this is the year he takes it to the next level. Great run stopper and great in coverage, nasty player, everything a LB needs, should be fun to watch.
Channing Crowder was a guy who I was high on all year long when he came out. The fact that he fell so far and that the Dolphins took him rather than the Raiders bummed me out. He's got the goods though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Who on your favorite team is ready to break out and have a pro bowl type season?

Oakland Raiders

Offense- Ronald Curry has been very solid for the Raiders when healthy, Curry finally has a head coach who believes that he could be a starting WR in this league. Had 30 caches out of his 62 in the final 4 weeks of the season, thatís when Art Shell realized he could play. Ended the season with 62 catches 727 yards and 1 td, If Curry starts the season as the #1 or 2 WR he could very well pass the 1,000 yard mark.

Defense- Thomas Howard had a good rookie season, he improved every week and he is now expected to become more of a playmaker.

To add on for the Raiders, I'll concur with NIN but pick two other guys for the sake of diversity.

Offense: Jerry Porter

Yes, this is the same Jerry Porter who received a huge contract from the Raiders to stay in Oakland just 2 years ago, but as many detractors like to point out, he has never had a 1,000 yard season. Twice he has come oh so close, one year missing it by just 2 yards.

Coming into the league, Porter was hailed as the next Terrell Owens. The only thing that Porter has shown to compare to TO is the big bulky diamond earring and a flair to chafe his coaches coming to camp in 2006 with a huge belt with a dollar sign for the buckle as well as a shirt with a picture of the middle finger. His production, however, has left much to be desired.

But all that will change as it is Porter who is poised for a breakout year in 2007. Last season's debacle did not sit well with him so he has spent all year working hard in hopes of showing Shell up. He is also in a system that is very friendly to his skillset, a hybrid West Coast offense, one that will feature a lot of short slants and runs after the catch. This is also, in essence, a contract year for Porter and he has some ground to make up. Two years ago, Porter received a 6-year contract that had a voidable option from either side after 3 years. It is in Porter's best monetary interests to do well so that he sees a big payday on the other side of this season--be it from the Raiders to keep him in town or from another team after he voids the contract.

Defense: Michael Huff

I was very close to going with Tommy Kelly here, but Kelly was supposed to have the breakout year last year so it's Huff's turn.

In 2005, Kirk Morrison made all the tackles, but he never really made any "big play" stats. He was lacking in sacks, INTs, forced fumbles and fumbles recovered. After his rookie year, he was a solid player, but to show that he could be better, people felt he needed to make more big plays. In 2006, his interceptions and his fumbles went up, he even returned a TD on defense.

Last year also saw the emergence of 2 more key young players in the Raiders' defense, Thomas Howard and Michael Huff. Neither of them had much in the way of playmaker stats, but they both racked up the tackles as rookies. Now it is Michael Huff's turn to grow in his sophomore year. He showed the ability to play and he has all the tools you look for in a top tier safety, including a great head on his shoulders. Now it's time for him to step up with a breakthrough year.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City Chiefs: Brody Croyle and Jarrad Page
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah I know... =/

30 rushes from Air Coughlin? Sigh.....yeah, thats not happening.
Is there any way Couglin can keep his job right now? I can't imagine many scenarios where he returns to coach the G-Men in 2008.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think the Talent on Ravens speaks for itself but this year I think...

On Offense: Mark Clayton is primed for a great season with more of a focus on throwing the ball to open lanes for Willis McGhee to run rather then throwing to open lanes for Jamal to run through will work more. Clayton is very underrated he had a great year last year finished 25th in total Rec Yds look for him this year to make a huge impact

On Defense: Its hard when almost everyone has made the pro bowl to have a breakout player but I think that Dawan Landry is going to breakout this year and possibly make the pro bowl and upstage that tandem about 50 miles south in DC Ed Reed and Dawan Landry will out do Sean Taylor and the younger Landry
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I think that Dawan Landry is going to breakout this year and possibly make the pro bowl and upstage that tandem about 50 miles south in DC Ed Reed and Dawan Landry will out do Sean Taylor and the younger Landry
Um, Landry and Reed are vastly superior to Taylor and Laron. It is no contest.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Is there any way Couglin can keep his job right now? I can't imagine many scenarios where he returns to coach the G-Men in 2008.
He would have to at the very least make the playoffs, and he'd have to win a playoff game. Going one and done in the playoffs probably means he's fired.

If we win a playoff game, he might save his job. Im torn, I want the Giants to do well but at the same time, I do not see Eli Manning developing into the qb he's capable of becoming under Coughlin. So I want to see Coughlin gone as well. Its a double edged sword for me.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Giants are going to have a bit of a tough time. They have the talent, but I'm not sure the coaching is good enough to get them where they need to go.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Giants are going to have a bit of a tough time. They have the talent, but I'm not sure the coaching is good enough to get them where they need to go.
More important than the Xs and Os, is the adjustments. Technically, even though our approach schematically is flawed, it can still work. But what kills us year in year out is Coughlin's horrible adjustments. Quite simply, he doesn't adjust. And thats why we drop off so much during the second half of the season.

He has no more scapegoats. He blamed Huffnagel and Lewis last year. This year, he has no excuse. I expect more of the same from the offensive side of the ball.

I do expect drastic improvement defensively however.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jets

Offense - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Is going to become one of the top LT's in the league that he was drafted to be

Defense - Bryan Thomas

In his first year starting and first year in a 3-4 and new position had a very good season and ended the season on a tear. 12 sack potential pro bowl season coming up.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't forget Reggie Hayward. He should explode this year if he stays healthy.
Eh..usually it takes guys a full year to fully recover from a ruptured Achilles. The guy to keep your eye on is Bobby McCray.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Browns

Offense: Braylon Edwards
--In his third year in the league, I think Braylon is ready to explode and take his game to the next level. His rookie year was cut short by the ACL tear and he wasn't even supposed to be ready to play in '06 until midway through the season. Somehow, Braylon managed to be ready for game one and played the entire season. However, it did seem like the injury held him back quite a bit this season. His straight line speed obviously had not fully returned and it seemed like he really tried to avoid big hits. On top of that, he had to deal with atrocious QB play all season with Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson. He still managed to put together a quality season with nearly 900 receiving yards and 6 TDs. In a new, improved offense along with better QB play and much better overall team, Braylon looks poised for a huge, Pro Bowl caliber, season.

Defense: Brodney Pool
--Thanks in part to a crowded secondary, Pool hasn't been able to land a starting spot during his two years in Cleveland. With Brian Russell starting at FS, last summer brought a battle between Pool and Sean Jones for the SS job. Pool was expected to be the victor, but Jones literally came out of nowhere to win the job and ended up having a monster year. Pool still managed to see his fair share of game action and even started at corner for a few games where he played decent. With Russell's departure via free agency, Pool's finally the bona fide starter at FS where he will team with Jones to potentially form one of the league's best safety tandems.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

On the Packers:

Offence: Greg Jennings. I'm expecting 1000+ yards.

Defence: Nick Collins. After a great rookie season, fell off as a sophomore. Pulled it together late in the season and is primed for a big season.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
over hines ward?
Yep, I see Hines and Santonio as 1a and 1a. I mean I see Holmes being the Go-to and Big play guy where as Hines is the reliable chain mover.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

santonio is gonna be beastly this year.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Offense- Will Svitek
Defense- Jarrad Page
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kansas City

Jarrad Page, FS- Really showed flashes in 06, as he had some huge INT's, shut down Gates, and was constantly around the football. He was a huge steal in the 7th round.

Bernard Pollard, SS- Didn't play as much on defense as Page did, but was ridiculous on ST's blocking 3 punts. Also had some big hits throughout the year. Will be starting next to Page in 07.

I also like, and agree with, the Kris Wilson, Will Svitek, and Tamba Hali mentions.

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 05-30-2007 at 02:29 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote