NFL Draft Countdown

Spencer Rattler or Sam Howell

Shane Hallam
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shane Hallam
    Keymaster

Where do you fall on the debate?

DcM
    Participant

We are back!!!!

I think Rattler has more potential, more dynamic with the arm and in making plays but neither seem as strong as last year for me (even preseason, Fields and Lawrence looked the part of superstars). I’d also toss Malik Willis in this tier as well, to be honest.

I also think the safest bet for the rising QB stock, should he play up to expectations would be J.T. Daniels. He has all the talent around him and the capability to make all the throws.

Shane Hallam
    Keymaster

Wooooo! Glad to be back!

I agree with you on Rattler and the tools/success. Howell, this year is huge. If he improves, better numbers, while losing he #1 and #2 WR AND #1 and #2 RB, that will be impressive, even if the traits aren’t elite.

I love Willis’ traits, but he had some brutal games, decisions, etc. If he does pull together a high end season, he will be a top 5 pick IMO.

Liam66
    Participant

Rattler begins the season as QB1 for me. I feel like I know what I’m going to get from him this year, whereas there are so many unknowns/prove it years throughout the rest of the 2022 QB class. Going to be fascinating to see who breaks out.

Forenci
    Participant

Man, I know the stat line maybe won’t reflect it, but I thought Rattler was really bad yesterday. Some terrible decision making that should have led to at least a couple more interceptions on his part.

Howell doesn’t impress me much either. I’m really on the Malik Willis train at this point.

Liam66
    Participant

I feel like it’s a good time to revisit this now that the QB class is becoming clearer. Although not completely clear! What a strange draft year for the position.

Fair to say both Rattler and Howell have not sustained their potential. Especially Rattler – turned into a really bad season and he now seems likely to not enter the 2022 draft at all in favour of the transfer portal. Wish I hadn’t worded him as “QB1 for me” at the start of the season as really I didn’t have an order, but I still had Rattler near the top. What a fall!

I’ve enjoyed watching Malik Willis. However, I feel that some are really overhyping him. Willis has an arm, but too many things aren’t right and there are areas he is still learning. He’s simply a bit raw.

I like Kenny Pickett as more of a sleeper. The first round buzz I have seen some give him is a bit much! No doubt he’s getting it done; just feels like drafting him early would be risky.

Matt Corral has impressed me this season. There’s been definite improvement and I’m leaning towards him as QB1. He can make lots of throws and his style and mechanics are really good.

While I’m at it – shout out to Bailey Zappe! Probably my favourite of the group and cannot wait to see how his season ends and how the NFL views him in terms of draft stock.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.